I cant believe it. I love running!! And i can run!! Me!

Options
2»

Replies

• RanaSimon
    RanaSimon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! I'm on my way, too, hopefully. I haven't joined C25K, but doing intervals on the treadmill with my trainer gave me a bit of a bug. Now I'm signing up for a 5K every weekend to walk and jog during, and hopefully improve from there.

If you'd like to keep get motivation and be motivating for other runners, specifically 5Kers, I just made a new 5K Walkers and Runners group on MFP. I'd love for you to join us!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    There is actually a 5k race local to me that im thinking about doing at the end of the month. Gives me butterflies thinking about it lol.

I've seen this movie before! :)

I'd guess that this decision has already been made. Congrats on becoming a runner.

With that in mind, Here's a little pep talk you may enjoy as you prepare for race day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPLxQD4akQ

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    There is actually a 5k race local to me that im thinking about doing at the end of the month. Gives me butterflies thinking about it lol.

Sign up and run it. Those butterflies feel wonderful when they are released at the finish line.

Yep.. butterflies can actually make you run better on race day..
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Me too--just finishing week 1. This is great motivation.
    Just starting the c25k journey hope to write a post like this soon!

• wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I completed a 5k race right before i finished the c25k program. I completed a 5k "Zombie Run" a week or so after finishing the c25k program.

My recommendation: do it! Lots of fun. Lots of good people there. Big sense of accomplishment.

Congratulations on graduating!
  • flowersofhelady
    flowersofhelady Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Good luck to you all!!!!!