what do u do ?

Options
i was wondering what do u do when your having those type's of cravings when you just want to finish the whole pizza and the whole soda and the whole choclate cake ,and u just want it all not just a small piece ?!

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for pretty healthy mini pizzas using tomato paste for sauce, bagel thins for the crust, the low fat cheese and whatever else you want, one full bagel with both sides with sauce and cheese is 225 or so calories, about a slice of regular pizza!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I will serve myself one portion, and if I can't resist the rest......I throw it into the trash and pour soap on it. I've had to do this wtih tubs of funfetti icing on several occasions :embarassed:

Or you could try filing up on something healthier, like salad or raw vegetables, and then eat what you are craving last. Then you won't really be able to fit more than one serving into your tummy.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think about what it really is. I mean....on a disturbing level....the calories..the grease..or the sugar. How long i'd have to workout to burn it off....and figure if it's all worth it.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Make a big salad, and make myself eat that (all of it) before I can have a piece of ___.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    eat a slice and drink some water........... and go distract yourself somehow .. IT IS DIFFICULT. i normally just go outside and find something to do
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The smart thing: WALK AWAY

What I usually do: EAT IT AND REGRET IT LATER

I wish that I could end my "all or nothing" thinking sometimes. But every once in awhile I just have to eat everything in sight. It's definately emotional eating, not hunger!
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I usually resist temptation, but if it is REALLY bad (and I have been doing good otherwise), then I will cut off a quarter portion of a serving and nibble on it to make it last as long as possible.

Don't make it a habit, though, otherwise you will start to accept it as the norm (also, make sure and put it in your food diary so you can see if that one mishap made you go over you goal calories).
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I eat it then immediately come onto mfp and post a thread asking people if I'm doomed forever.
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I will serve myself one portion, and if I can't resist the rest......I throw it into the trash and pour soap on it. I've had to do this wtih tubs of funfetti icing on several occasions :embarassed:

Hilarious, I will spray windex on it so I don't dig it out of the trash like a bum!
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    Before indulging, try putting those true values into your MFP diary and just LOOK at the numbers. Once you see how many calories, fat grams, sodium mgs, and carbs you are eating.... you'll change your mind. :)
  • mel_21
    mel_21 Posts: 20
    Options
    Well i know that i'm really bad for this! I used to put a garlic baguette on for part of my dinner and know that I should only have 2 bits but then say 'ahh its ok i'll just eat the other half since my partner is having his half'

Which is a crazy amount of calories, so i do what others have suggested and fling it in the bin! .. it really does help because you then dont think about it because you dont have it to think about.

Hope this helps x
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I am tempted, I drink an 8 oz water and wait 2 minutes. If I still am craving whatever then I will have a small bite, just for the taste, walk to my bedroom and pull out the shorts I use to wear and can't wear now. That generally will squash any lingering cravings.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think about what it really is. I mean....on a disturbing level....the calories..the grease..or the sugar. How long i'd have to workout to burn it off....and figure if it's all worth it.

Me too. Usually if I'm craving that bad then I've probably waited too long to eat and my blood sugar is low. I try to keep my eye on the prize!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If I really HAD to have it, I'd put the true values into MFP, totally honest, eat them and enjoy them. The next day is the start of a new day. Sometimes giving in once gives you the strength to keep going BUT you must log them. If you lie on MFP then you will always lie to yourself and if that's the case then, what's the point? Sorry, but that's all there is to it. :noway:
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The smart thing: WALK AWAY

What I usually do: EAT IT AND REGRET IT LATER

I wish that I could end my "all or nothing" thinking sometimes. But every once in awhile I just have to eat everything in sight. It's definately emotional eating, not hunger!

Awsome that you're honest and everything you say is SOOOOO TRUE. I too usually eat and regret. I have been known to go to bed very early just to get away from the food calling out to me. The only thing I've found that really gave me the strenth to squelch those kinds of urges was a big goal ahead of me, like before my trip to Hawaii I had no trouble with lack of will power what so ever. But, day to day, it's tough. All you can do is fight the little battles one at a time.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Honestly. I would eat it now and cry later. To you all:drinker: .That is why I try not to have these things in my house!!!!
  • AlMusallam_47
    Options
    Wow Thanks for your replys , im gonna remmember that for sure when i have a piece of chocolate in my hand !!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    ...pull out the shorts I use to wear and can't wear now. That generally will squash any lingering cravings.
    Fabulous idea!
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have this habit with taking a extra serving. I have to fill my plate and then put everything else away then eat so that I do not have the temptation. Then I get the benefit of having lunch already made for the next day. I do not have any candy cravings I crave salt and fat. The sugar cravings died shortly after I gave up soda totally.