Looking for breakfast ideas not egg/oatmeal related.

Options
13»

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Soup, ryvita with cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes, smoothie, avocado on grainy toast, peanut butter and banana on grainy toast, congee (rice porridge), cheese/ham/crackers, casserole, salads, wraps, sandwiches.
    Cheese and vegemite on toast (even better under the grill), dahl, noodles, stirfry....

In other words - food that you enjoy and that fits into your calorie goals.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits your calorie goals. More ideas:
    Protein/fiber bar
    Peanut butter toast
    Cheese on toast
    Peanut butter/jelly sandwich
    My personal favorite is Nature's Path Flax Plus Raisin Bran -- low sugar, high fiber with protein that keeps me full
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love love love my skillet hash. Cast iron pan. I'll put kale, sweet potatoes, onion, veggie sausage... Whatever looks good. So delish and filling.
    Rice pudding (breakfast or dinner)
    Avocado + hemp seed toast
  • kareshu
    kareshu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best breakfast for fat loss is protein and good fats. It will keep your body in muscle building mode. More muscle you have more calories you burn. It takes some getting used to but I love having lean steak or turkey for breakfast with avocado or nuts. We don't need carbs for breakfast let your body use stored fat as fuel.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    A small or medium potato (skin on for more nutrition) topped with hummus. You can microwave the potato.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is buttermilk pancakes made with low-carb (carbalose) flour, topped with low-cal or sugar-free syrup. The high protein content and fiber in the 'cakes fills me up for the day every time. You can sub egg whites and nonfat milk in and make them even more low-cal (but no less filling).

I've heard Kodiak Cakes are a good brand as well, if you want a really nutty, filling pancake or waffle. You can also create your own high-protein, high-fiber flour of your own, using oat flour, soy flour, whole-wheat, flaxmeal, wheat germ, whey protein, etc.
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually toss a big brisket on the smoker every few weeks, then slice of some of that and eat it with papaya for breakfast. Good source of protein, a bit of fat, and papaya helps break down animal proteins.
  • jen3frg22
    jen3frg22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast or chicken breast on a sandwich thin
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Power toast - I made this for my children when they were at home: whole wheat toast spread with peanut butter, slice a banana on it, fill in the spaces with raisins then lightly sprinkle with cinnamon or cinnamon & sugar. My kids loved it and it stuck with them. They would drink either milk or juice, but as adults they drink coffee with power toast.