I've lost all motivation

Options
For the longest time I've had a good diet and my workouts were great I lost a lot of weight got more defined as of recently I lost the spark everyday I say I need to go to the gym but it's become a chore for me and this has never happened it's been my favorite thing to do since I started workout out for the first time back in 2012

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Find something else that is fun to do! Take up martial arts, bike riding or rock climbing.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Agreed it is time to take a break. Do something active away from the gym that is not "working out". Go for a hike with some friends and family.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is a sign that you need to switch up your daily activities for a while. Take this as an opportunity to do other things.
  • gotowardstheroar
    gotowardstheroar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For the longest time I've had a good diet and my workouts were great I lost a lot of weight got more defined as of recently I lost the spark everyday I say I need to go to the gym but it's become a chore for me and this has never happened it's been my favorite thing to do since I started workout out for the first time back in 2012

Hang in there; I too have lost my edge due to an injury. Think back to how good you felt and go for it.
  • LizSmith55
    LizSmith55 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Maybe set some kind of challenging competition for yourself...I know that Crossfit gyms (at least the one by me) actually sign up it's members to compete in lifting competitions....or how about Triathlon...or bike race etc. You get the point...so it forces you to set a goal instead of the regular mundane day in, day out workout....just a thought.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also find that updating my music can help motivate me with cardio. Agree about alternate activities. Check to see if there are group classes in your area- like a boot camp.
  • pattycameron27
    pattycameron27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Listen man, I'm just starting out on my journey but I know that you need to just keep pushing yourself. Find what you liked about going to the gym in the first place. Keep your goals on your mind and test yourself. Over the last month I've lost my car, my gf, my bills have stacked up and I've officially hit my rock bottom weight. But I just keep thinking in the back of my mind that I'm doing this just for me. Push yourself
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Exercise has been covered already, so I'll just focus on my favorite subject, food :p It's not a good diet if you don't want to eat that way. Time to think new. What's a good diet to you? Healthy food? What does healthy food mean to you?