New and need help

Options
I am 18 and I only eat between 800-1200 calories a day depending on how hungry I am.I workout for an 1 hour and 30 minutes 4 days a week and 30 minutes 3 days a week.I have not lost a thing and I have done this for a month,.What could be wrong?

Replies

• olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Even though it's completely counter-intuitive, you probably need to eat more calories. Adjust your goals to lose 1 to 1.5 lbs a week, and then follow your calorie goal that MFP sets for you. Hope that works for you!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I agree you are not eating enough food. Your body goes into "starvation mode". when it does that you wont lose weight as fast.
  • destaniekristina
    Options
    My doctor told me to only eat between there
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Make sure your body is still getting the nutrition it needs to be healthy, because health is the ultimate goal, right? I peeked at your profile and saw that you want to go into the army - great goal. My husband lost about 100lbs to join the air force at 19, so your goal is achievable. If you go to a recruiter, they sometimes have PT groups for people aspiring to reach the fitness level needed to join. Just a thought. Good luck!