This is going to take forever and a day

Options
Hi All,

As the title says, this is going to be a long path. I'm at my heaviest, only 20 pounds less than the day I had my son. I've got about 30 to lose. :s Up until my mid twenties, I was very active. Then I started my career, a few years later a family, and things just steadily fell apart. It's going to be a rough road. I do decent with eating, but exercising is what gets me. It's hard to find the time. I'm going to find a way to get around the excuses. I have to. I'm officially morbidly obese.

Any late 30's who are in the same boat, feel free to add me:smile:

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, every person who has been overweight has to pay some attention to food intake for the rest of their life, to manage a healthy weight. You don't have to exercise to lose/maintain weight, although it can help by burning some calories. The main part is done through your diet.

I'm confused. 30 pounds isn't all that much. Depending on height, it's about 4 - 6 points on the BMI scale. Definition of morbid obesity: "An individual is considered morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight, has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 or more and experiencing obesity-related health conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes." Is your goal to be just overweight?
  • goodmane23
    goodmane23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, every person who has been overweight has to pay some attention to food intake for the rest of their life, to manage a healthy weight. You don't have to exercise to lose/maintain weight, although it can help by burning some calories. The main part is done through your diet.

I'm confused. 30 pounds isn't all that much. Depending on height, it's about 4 - 6 points on the BMI scale. Definition of morbid obesity: "An individual is considered morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight, has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 or more and experiencing obesity-related health conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes." Is your goal to be just overweight?

Oops. That should have read 50 pounds to lose.
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    50 pounds still shouldn't be morbidly obese. I was about 90 pounds overweight and still only considered obese. Not that labels really matter. Focus on the food aspect first. That is where your weight loss comes from. Exercise is for fitness. Just keep at it and don't give up!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You're right. It's going to be really hard but it's going to be so worth it! Losing weight has helped me gain so many other "things"! Time will be passing by anyway... Might as well make it count.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I started with well over 100lbs to lose and I was Obese II, not in the "morbid" category.

Anyway, I know it's going to take forever. To quote those musical muses Air, "This is just another day. You will live it anyway". I can pass the time improving myself or pass the time not caring. I choose improvement. Every. Single. Day.