76 pounds progress pics

Options
kkellam1
kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
OK...so I'll say right off the bat that I have mixed emotions about this post. First, I know that I am not finished. Still lots of distance to cover in this journey. I am hoping to take another 25 or 30 pounds off, for a total of about 100. Most importantly, it is embarrassing as heck to post these before pics. I knew I had gotten big, but I intentionally avoided looking at pictures. Not only did I not want to SEE these photos, but I really don't like sharing them. And I REALLY don't like facing the thought that this is how people saw me. I truly did not realize how out of control I had let things get.

Anyway, here we are almost 5 months into this thing and I am now 76 pounds lighter. I set a goal of 100 and this puts me three quarters of the way there. My ticker is set at a goal of 80 because my initial plan was to regroup at that point and see if I needed to revise my strategy or my goals. I am getting close and beginning to ponder those questions.

So here we go...

These are from various times over the last 2 years:

BeforeAfter76pounds_Page_1.jpg

BeforeAfter76pounds_Page_2.jpg

These are from my recent vacation (last week) and one is from Memorial Day. And no, it's not my baby. I am 50 years old, so the last thing I need is a toddler running around the house. My wife and my daughter are in other photos, though.

BeforeAfter76pounds_Page_3.jpg

BeforeAfter76pounds_Page_4.jpg

Replies

• ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    WOW! You look AMAZING! Thanks for the added motivitation:drinker:
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look fantastic! Great job!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with your continuing journey! It's a life style change that's for sure! Thanks for sharing!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Holy wow! That's amazing. Good work!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! You should be exceptionally proud of yourself thus far, and good luck in completing whatever your final goal turns out to be!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! 5 months to lose 76lb is astonishing! And if anyone is going to see your 'before' pictures it's the people on this site right here. We don't judge on before photos. Because the people in those pictures are not who we are anymore! Keep up the good work, my friend! I look forward to seeing the end result!
  • alexandradeyl
    alexandradeyl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    a real inspiration
  • herdqt21
    herdqt21 Posts: 12
    Options
    great job! thanks for sharing your story!!
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look a thousand times happier and healthier. Well done you. :)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference!!! Good job! 76 pounds in 5 months is amazing! I thought I was doing good at 42pounds in 3.75months. very impressed!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your doing great!!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done GREAT! You look fantastic! I can't even imagine that you need to lose another 20 or 30 pounds!!! Way to go!
  • Cyd46
    Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congrats!! ~ You came so far in your journey!!

I so know what you mean about pics,I haven't posted any myself. I have been giving it some thought thou. Matter of a fact was talking about it today. Just said I am to scared to open myself up like that. You said what I have been feeling! I am trying to get the nerve!!

With you sharing this... I think I may just do this!!

Again you look GREAT!! So inspiring!! I really know who you felt to do this....But, It helped more then I think you know!!

Good luck!!
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!
  • SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    Amazing Congratulations :)
  • shuggysmommy
    Options
    wow! you are looking good! way to go!
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! How did you do it??!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Amazing difference!! Thanks for sharing with us. I too may get the nerve to post my before and after pics one day. I know how u feel about the before pics. I feel the same way about mine. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome change in you! I think that posting before and after pictures is a very personal thing, and suchhhh a wake up call! Thank you for sharing these! They are inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!