Belly Fat After Cesarean.

Options
Hello everyone. So I started my weight loss journey the beginning of May 2016. I have lost a total of 8lbs so far. Exciting right?! Yes but it was short lived... I also take my measurements... Well today Is took my progress measurements since I took my first.... I've lost 8lbs and inches ALL over my body except for my stomach area. So after crying my heart out I decided to ask all of you for help.
I didn't have the traditional bikini line cesarean. I was cut from my bellybutton to my bikini line. Needless to say its hideous and now to find out after all of the hard work, crunches, sit ups, planks, and walking.... Absolutely NOTHING. Not 1 centimeter.... What can I do?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is often the last to go. By "last to go" I mean it may seem to stick around until the last 5 lbs. Just keep eating in a deficit. There are no exercises that will spot reduce that area.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Nose to the grindstone, so to speak!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Congrats on the new baby!!
  • Finally1502016
    Finally1502016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Belly fat is often the last to go. By "last to go" I mean it may seem to stick around until the last 5 lbs. Just keep eating in a deficit. There are no exercises that will spot reduce that area.

That's what a friend told me.... Which terrifies me because it is HUGE and if I continue to lose weight without results in my midsection.... I'm going to look absolutely crazy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

That's what a friend told me.... Which terrifies me because it is HUGE and if I continue to lose weight without results in my midsection.... I'm going to look absolutely crazy.

You will lose weight there. It's just not proportional as you lose.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    It's only been a few weeks. I started out in January and didn't see any significant changes to my stomach area until late March. Still not perfect, it's pretty much the only area left with any visible fat, but it's still depleting, just slowly.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yep, lost 43 pounds...have no butt and my legs are like toothpicks but still have my c-section stomach. It is getting better, just not there yet.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Like you I was cut from my belly button but down to my penis shaft along with a horizontal incision on the side of my abs where I had a stoma.
    Keep losing fat and things will taper down decently.
    At nearly 47 years of age I have a six pack. It's possible, mind you I don't do crunches, planks, or any of the sort...just heavy squats and deads. Keep plugging.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    It's only been 5/6 weeks, you're fine. Crunches, planks won't do much. have a calorie deficit and the abs will come.