How often do you eat a cheat meal?

Options
Emijanine
Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
I try to eat clean 80 percent of the time.... But it's hard!

Replies

• Emijanine
    Options
    Zipp237 wrote: »
    Never. I eat what I want to eat.

Lol. I love it!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I second @zipp237.
    I do not eat clean. There are too many different definitions of "eating clean", so I will not go there.
    I eat my favorite foods, in moderation and try to meet my daily calorie goal.
    Some days, life happens and I go over my target calorie. No biggie. I go back to my plan as soon as it is feasible.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the posters don't even know what to consider a clean meal. I have a personal philosophy eat whatever you enjoy.

Please don't call it a cheat meal. By calling it a cheat meal, you're implying you're doing something wrong. For this to be sustainable you have to enjoy it . Also don't look at this as a diet this is a lifestyle change.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    So don't eat clean. Eat what you like. Weigh and log everything you eat, and thoughtfully consider your next days and weeks of meals so that your grocery trips can be fruitful and vegetableful and proteinful.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »

Answer: when I fall on my ars. :( <--we just put a bow on it and call it a cheat meal. :p

In all seriousnes.. if I am on plan (shoot I know what that looks like). I would say my body seems to be okay with 1x a month of something uber groodie - tho always afterwards I am like: OMG! why was it that I thought I would die if I didn't have the kings buffet of X??? :s
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I log everything, I am often under my goal during the week so I can eat whatever I like at weekends (I log this too) over my 7 days I ensure I don't go over my weekly calorie allowance (nor do I end up undereating over the week either) This is supposed to be a lifestyle. Eating "clean" 24/7 I simply cannot do, knowing I CAN have whatever I like at weekends means I find it a lot easier to stick with my plan during the week. I had pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast today. Tomorrow we're having bagels, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, and chilli with rice and sour cream and wine.

Find what suits You and your lifestyle and allowance. This just happens to fit in with mine. I loose, yet I am not feeling I am loosing out on anything. So don't look on it like a "cheat meal" build it into your lifestyle.
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »

Answer: when I fall on my ars. :( <--we just put a bow on it and call it a cheat meal. :p

In all seriousnes.. if I am on plan (shoot I know what that looks like). I would say my body seems to be okay with 1x a month of something uber groodie - tho always afterwards I am like: OMG! why was it that I thought I would die if I didn't have the kings buffet of X??? :s

Love this!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This -->
    And this -->
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I log everything, I am often under my goal during the week so I can eat whatever I like at weekends (I log this too) over my 7 days I ensure I don't go over my weekly calorie allowance (nor do I end up undereating over the week either) This is supposed to be a lifestyle.

Doing anything 100% of the time is pretty much impossible. 80/20 is a reasonable expectation of yourself. Live it and log it. Move on.

• Emijanine
    Options
    dlkfox wrote: »
    This -->
    And this -->
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I log everything, I am often under my goal during the week so I can eat whatever I like at weekends (I log this too) over my 7 days I ensure I don't go over my weekly calorie allowance (nor do I end up undereating over the week either) This is supposed to be a lifestyle.

Doing anything 100% of the time is pretty much impossible. 80/20 is a reasonable expectation of yourself. Live it and log it. Move on.

True!! I keep comparing myself to other people who are doing like paleo or Keto and feeling like I am inferior, but I'm not! I just have a different way of eating.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Every meal, why would you not?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    How often do you eat a cheat meal?

Never!!

I also don't eat clean.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yeah, never. I eat what I want, doing my best to ensure a broad variety of foods are included. If cutting I go easy on starchy carbs just because they're not especially filling to me but if I want it, I'll have it. Food, all food, is just fuel with a macronutrient breakdown, there is some good nutrition to be had from just about everything.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals and clean eating are both weird concepts to me.

How is eating food you like cheating? Treat meals makes more sense to me - eating for pure pleasure.

Clean eating has so many different "definitions" from sensible to plain idiotic that it's a meaningless phrase unless qualified.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I hate both clean eating and cheating words when it comes to describing food.

I do not eat dirty food first of all.. And cheating implies doing something really bad that comes with negative feelings... Who wants that?

I eat what ever the heck I want to.. and when I want to. If it is a mass amount of food at one time, that may be all I get for the day.. Is it bad food or cheating with food.. Nope its food!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Whenever what I feel like eating happens to be "clean" (by whatever definition). I just eat what I want, but I'll admit I very often crave foods that are not exactly considered cheats because of my preferences (like sorrel soup, buckwheat risotto, grilled veggies, pearled barley, various mushroom concoctions...etc).

When do I not eat whatever I want? When I have an occasion or feel like eating something higher in calories (like tahini cauliflower today). In this case I'm careful to pick things that are lower in calories (bt never things that I don't like) to make room for that high calorie meal.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Everything I eat is a cheat meal