23lbs down since MFP.... 15 weeks to work a bikini! help!

Options
myiceisonfire
myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
I've lost over 60lbs since May 2010. (Baby weight's finally gone!)
I started MFP March this year & have lost 23lbs of the 60 since...
I've hardly worked out at all, I've just eaten better & tried to stay under my calorie goal every day. It's time to work out!!!

1440ft.png
dmwgtt.png
8xpoaf.png

Exactly 15 weeks from now I'll be getting on a plain to Jamaica. I NEED to be able to pull off this bikini. Who doesn't want to wear a bikini in Jamaica?

I don't want to build myself up too much & think I'll be this hot trophy wife 15 weeks from now, because I know that I wont be. But I need some major support from people that will help to push me to work out every day & keep me thinking I can pull this bikini off in 15 weeks.

I KNOW that I look horrible in this bikini right now. I haven't worn one in maybe 10 yrs. I have back rolls, a big butt, and a big tummy. I already know this, so please don't make rude comments.

2jdqjv6.jpg
6h3lgk.jpg
25g40wn.jpg

Replies

• P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Who doesn't want to wear a bikini in Jamaica?
    I DON'T :happy:
    Your doing great keep it up
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You have done so so so so sooooo well, lady! What a difference! Working out is great, more muscle means more fat burning and feeling stronger just makes everything so much easier, walking around, carrying shopping, moving furniture....
    You're gonna do this! :D
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    good luck, you have lots of time to reach your goal. It seems like a lot of people have success with the 30day shred.
  • jennafish7
    Options
    I think you have reasonable expectations and goals. What kind of excercise do you enjoy? There are a lot of fun classes out there like Zumba that are great for the core> One huge thing for me was to find other people in the area who run. there are running groups everywhere (most running stores have some group doing runs together) or just some neighborhood friends. Running is where I've seen my biggest changes.
    Be proud of the good work you are doing and have fun in Jamaica!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    You are doing great!
    You have a goal and 15wks to get on the ball.
    Get moving and you will be happy with the results, stamina, and energy you get back.
    Stay motivated and you will do super!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut out one pieces either. There are some really sexy flattering ones out there. I just saw a bunch the other day online.
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    You are doing great!! I think its awesome that you have taken so many before/during pics to document your progress. I didnt because I hated having my pic taken and now its harder to see how far I have come. Anyway, Keep up the good work and you will be proud of how far you have come as you see that bikini looking better and better and better on you! :)
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You've already lost a lot so well done! I am currently working towards a bikini body too and just started a Jillian Michaels rotation. I have seen brilliant results from that! ...Come and join in if you fancy...Just search for Jillian Michaels rotation... :smile:
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 23lbs! You can definitely see a difference! You can definitely get closer to your goal in 15 weeks. Adding in cardio and weights will really help you. When I started with weights, I didn't lose weight, but I lost a lot of inches. People kept asking me if I lost weight, and I had to tell them no, but I looked like I had. So you can reshape your body even if the scale doesn't move as much as you want. A lot of people on here have posted pictures from the 30 Day Shred. I am thinking of trying that myself now. Maybe a video like this is something you would enjoy too. Have fun on your trip to Jamaica!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!

I would recommend doing an exercise that you enjoy -- if it seems like a chore then you won't want to do it! Jillian Michaels is a good workout, it will help tone your muscles. It's intense but it's 'only' 25 minutes (brutal 25 minutes at the start) but it gets easier. If it is nice where you live, just get a good playlist and start walking! With a good pace you can burn hundreds of calories.

Good luck to rockin' the bikini in Jamaica!
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    Since you've got a time crunch, something that builds muscle is probably best. People seem to get great results relatively quickly with 30 Day Shred and P90X. 15 weeks is enough time if you really commit to it. That's a really cute suit, so I don't blame you for wanting to wear it. You can do it!
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you can do it! Plus ultimately, how you look will be a reflection of how good you feel about yourself. Work out hard, and then walk proudly in your bikini no matter what your body shapes winds up being.
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Go for it! you can totally lose weight and more importantly inches! I started doing the 30 day shred... I think I am gonna see some big results from that.... Any excesize will help though, I promise. Keep up the good work!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I think you have reasonable expectations and goals. What kind of excercise do you enjoy? There are a lot of fun classes out there like Zumba that are great for the core> One huge thing for me was to find other people in the area who run. there are running groups everywhere (most running stores have some group doing runs together) or just some neighborhood friends. Running is where I've seen my biggest changes.
    Be proud of the good work you are doing and have fun in Jamaica!

I like to walk. A few days ago I realized we like to rent RedBox and Walmart is only 1 mile away (2 mile walk). So I started to do that! =) I need to start doing crunches to get rid of this stubborn belly. I have a 1yr old, so I stopped running when he was born. Kind of hard to when I have to watch him. But at least I'll walk with him in the stroller (when I'm not too lazy). That's an awesome idea. The neighbor lady likes to go for walks with her 1yr old & so do I, but we never seen to be on the same schedule lol
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I wouldn't cut out one pieces either. There are some really sexy flattering ones out there. I just saw a bunch the other day online.

Don't worry I haven't. If I don't look good in the bikini, I definitely wont be wearing it. That will be completely disappointing, but *shrugs*
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Congratulations on the 23lbs! You can definitely see a difference! You can definitely get closer to your goal in 15 weeks. Adding in cardio and weights will really help you. When I started with weights, I didn't lose weight, but I lost a lot of inches. People kept asking me if I lost weight, and I had to tell them no, but I looked like I had. So you can reshape your body even if the scale doesn't move as much as you want. A lot of people on here have posted pictures from the 30 Day Shred. I am thinking of trying that myself now. Maybe a video like this is something you would enjoy too. Have fun on your trip to Jamaica!

I'm thinking of getting weights... But at what weight do I start? I'd rather lose inches than weight! =) More noticeable the better. I've been measuring myself every 4 weeks and I've gained 2inches in my stomach? I'm obviously not measuring right.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

I'm thinking of getting weights... But at what weight do I start? I'd rather lose inches than weight! =) More noticeable the better. I've been measuring myself every 4 weeks and I've gained 2inches in my stomach? I'm obviously not measuring right.

When I bought my free weights I bought a variety - five lbs, ten lbs, etc.. I started out with the fivers but after awhile they became too easy so I'm using the ten's. I'll need to get heavier ones soon.

Another thing you can do is plan out your day, instead of getting up and making breakfast and starting your daily dishes/laundry/etc.... Get up, make yourself a nice light breakfast, feed the baby and go for a walk with him - get back and have a post workout snack. After your baby gets up from a nap - take him for another walk. You can break up your workouts into 15 min intervals throughout the day. You can even get the baby involved and make it a game ya know? :)

Feel free to add me, I've been doing more strength training and I do break up my workouts throughout the day.

Btw, you are 2 lbs away from a 25 lb loss! Woohoo, congrats!! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    [/quote]

When I bought my free weights I bought a variety - five lbs, ten lbs, etc.. I started out with the fivers but after awhile they became too easy so I'm using the ten's. I'll need to get heavier ones soon.

Another thing you can do is plan out your day, instead of getting up and making breakfast and starting your daily dishes/laundry/etc.... Get up, make yourself a nice light breakfast, feed the baby and go for a walk with him - get back and have a post workout snack. After your baby gets up from a nap - take him for another walk. You can break up your workouts into 15 min intervals throughout the day. You can even get the baby involved and make it a game ya know? :)

Feel free to add me, I've been doing more strength training and I do break up my workouts throughout the day.

Btw, you are 2 lbs away from a 25 lb loss! Woohoo, congrats!! :)
    [/quote]

That's an awesome idea! He just had surgery, so we're suppose to keep him from doing a lot of activity, so pushing him in the stroller 2 or 3 times a day is a great idea. I could take him for a stroll after every time he wakes up (he takes 2 naps). And i'll put him laying on his tummy on my legs and lift my legs up and down. Works the legs and he loves it too hehe! =)

I was also thinking of doing crunches for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. Breaking it up in 5 minute intervals... Do 5 minutes, rest 5 minutes, do 5 more minutes, etc
  • rv88
    rv88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you doing great... Keep it up. I am just doing various exercises to keep me pumped! you will look good in 15 weeks, just keep pushing yourself and you shall succeed :bigsmile:
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If I were u I would get the 30 days shred and ripped in 30 both by jillian...u can get them both for 10 bucks at walmart and then if u don't have them get two 3 lbs hand weights...I have only done the 30 day shred and I can definitely see some toning. Good luck! U will do great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!