30 Day Keto Challenge?

Options
chalstead77
chalstead77 Posts: 1 Member
My husband and I are starting Keto once again but this time, we're hoping to make this a permanent lifestyle change. I'm looking for LCHF dieters wanting to connect and bounce ideas, tips, and recipes off each other as well as offer support to one another. Please add me if your interested!

Replies

• VARN118
    VARN118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting my journey. Looking for support.
  • annseibert334
    annseibert334 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I also eat ketogenically. There's an app I bought that I LOVE called the Keto Diet App. There are a TON of great recipe ideas. The blog also has a ton of recipe ideas. Feel free to send me a friend invite on MFP and we can chat or share recipes. Every time I try one of the Keto Diet App recipes, I enter it into MFP so, if we're connected, you might be able to view it on my daily log.
  • cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started Lchf this week too. Let's support each other!!
  • Jenn81
    Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting it .
  • juliehewlett254
    juliehewlett254 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on June 6th as well! :)
  • juliehewlett254
    juliehewlett254 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How's the first week going?
  • AlexVanDonselaar
    AlexVanDonselaar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I as well started June 6th it's going great so far down 17 lbs.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I as well started June 6th it's going great so far down 17 lbs.

Today is the 11th.
    Am I misunderstanding your post or are you saying that you lost 17 lbs in 5 days?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm curious but not sure what Keto eating actually is. I've tried so many different ways to lose weight. I've been on MFP off and on for several months with only a 4lb weight loss and lots of frustration.
  • diphon
    diphon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So the gist of it is. By eating extremely low carb, around 20 grams per day, and eating very high fat, around 168 grams per day, your body will switch metabolic pathways from burning glucose to running on ketone bodies and free fatty acids. The lack of dietary carbohydrate keeps insulin levels very low allowing your body to easily access body fat for energy needs.
  • nileshsomani
    nileshsomani Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto too. Add me
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    there is great information on the low carber group

and yes the first week or two you drop alot of water weight
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hmmmm. I always eat too much fats but I also eat a lot of carbs. I really have a hard time finding the best way for me.
  • SarahG68
    SarahG68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a ketogenic meal plan since June 4. I'm down 7.7 pounds and feel amazing! I still have about 73 pounds to go...but this is the first meal plan I feel I can stick with, indefinitely, and finally reach my goal. Please add me!
  • kc4laughs
    kc4laughs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me also. Been eating Keto for 5 weeks and I'm down 19 lbs. Lots of info online to help newbies but would like to be in a support group to encourage others and get encouragement.
  • Dacia36
    Dacia36 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is this diet okay for someone who has reactive hypoglycemia?
  • MsND
    MsND Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've started Keto and want it to be a way of life. I have a lot of weight to lose. Two weeks in, and of course adjusting as I learn, I'm down 6 lbs. The idea is to lower your base insulin level, keep it low when you eat, then your body can use its own stored fat for energy. So with the fat in the meals, you stay full longer. No need for snacking.
  • mickeymom001
    mickeymom001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you. I am only two days on keto and seem to be having trouble keeping my protein under or at goal. Any tips on meal planning? I have a ton to lose too!
  • JennyJStewart
    JennyJStewart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you. I am only two days on keto and seem to be having trouble keeping my protein under or at goal. Any tips on meal planning? I have a ton to lose too!

I find I need to keep my meals simple to keep carbs and protein under control. I try to keep all my eating within 6-8 hours to keep my nighttime fast as long as possible. It usually works out that I have two main meals and one light meal. Two meals I eat simple ingredients like: eggs and bacon; avacado salad with homemade dressing; or the like. One meal can be a recipe that includes cheese, or other ingredients (like a Cheeseburger Casserole). This helps me keep that carb count low (below 25 for me). I find I also have to have coconut oil coffee or fat bombs at least once a day to get my fat up and keep me from overeating protein. Good luck.