good idea or bad idea

Options
I tried something new for Dinner. I added a scoop of 100% whey protein to my pancake batter. I made to small pancakes for Dinner. And i used 1/3 cup of aunt jemima butter rich syrup. So MFP friends was that ok or a bad idea. I'll like to hear your comments plz.. thanx.

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    lotsa protein and lotsa sugar.... not a problem if it's in your calorie budget!

Now the real question is..... how did they taste? :smile:
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a problem with mixing protein powder in but it sounds like you used too much syrup.Then again, I hardly ever use syrup so that could be why it seems like so much to me but you could also try a lower calorie version as well.

Best of luck!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a problem with mixing protein powder in but it sounds like you used too much syrup.Then again, I hardly ever use syrup so that could be why it seems like so much to me but you could also try a lower calorie version as well.

Best of luck!

sounds like the perfect amount of syrup to me. :wink:
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Protein pancakes are the way to go! But keep in mind, your pancakes should be whole grain, just like the rest of your grains. (I had some protein/wheat pancakes this morning, myself.)

The sugar is probably a little bit over, especially with the corn syrup "butter rich" syrup. I use sugar-free syrup but my true love is real maple syrup, because at least those sugars are perfectly natural :)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    that syrup has like over 200calories a serving; i personally cant justify spending that many calories to make something taste better... i like mrs butterworths sugar free syrup for only 20 calories for the same serving... but if u had calories for the full calorie one, then nothing wrong with it!!
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What about using real maple syrup? Would that make a difference rather than using Aunt Jamima which is processed? The question is just out of curiosity.
  • kozlinski40
    kozlinski40 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    its taste fruity but not bad. I should have used honey instead of syrup. I just wanted to try something new. I probably want do it again..