Looking for dash dieting friends.

Options
I have high blood pressure and did some reading online and found the dash diet is for lowering blood pressure. Are there any members following this way of eating I can be friends with to look at your diary and maybe ask a few questions to.

Thanks

Replies

• kanikal4840
    kanikal4840 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am considering it.i am searching for practical recipes.my doc also recommended mediterranean diet.
  • mhamdimourad
    mhamdimourad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am interested in dash diet too, I have high blood pressure
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I try to follow the sodium and saturated fat guidelines. I am working on reducing my blood pressure and cholesterol. Some days I succeed, some days I fail miserably. My diary is open and I am always open to new friends. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I follow the DASH diet. It works very well. The key is eating more vegetables and fruit. This is one of the easiest diets to follow and healthiest.

Note:
    • I am not restricted to how much sodium I can eat, and often go over the goal, only because of the sauces I use.
    • I eat much more vegetables and fruit then I ever have before and feel great.
    • I continue to count calories because it helps me see what I'm eating, which can be very useful if something doesn't seem to be working.
    • I go to my doctor and have blood work done every year to know that what I am doing is working.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Does anyone know what the macros should be set at on MFP for this diet?
  • csummer8882
    csummer8882 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone still doing this? Today is my day 1 and would love some DASH friends!!
  • furrbrain
    furrbrain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start this Dash Diet thing myself. Anybody have settings for the MFP system?