Need to lose baby weight?

Options
I'm a mom...I can't say I'm a new mom anymore, as my baby turns one at the end of June. But, I'm still holding onto all my baby weight.

If you're a busy mom, or just a woman trying to lose a few...or 30 like me, then let's do this together!

Replies

• pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 8 month old and have ::cough::a few::cough:: pounds to lose lol. Sending a friend request! :)
  • lizaprideaux
    lizaprideaux Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my second baby in April and I'm here to lose my baby weight too :)
  • _rebeccavee
    _rebeccavee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Let's do this, mamas. What are your goals? How can we support each other?
  • RW7724
    RW7724 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2, ages 6 and 15 months and will be 30 in August. I need to lose quite a bit of baby wt plus more lol feel free to add me!
  • mummymichelle
    mummymichelle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've got two boys, 5 and nearly 2, no excuses for me anymore! Sending a friend request now ☺
  • flakkybaby211012
    flakkybaby211012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a six month old and have not lost much of the baby weight :( I will add you :)
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My youngest baby just turned one yesterday! I also have a six year old. I have 30 more lbs to lose
  • montgomerydebra
    montgomerydebra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    33 year old here!! Three kids ages 5, 2, and 9 months so yes!!!! I have a goal of about 30-40 lbs!! Starting weight is 205 I'm all in although this weekend has been rough... Let's just say I just had dinner at Wendy's and it wasn't pretty!! Deelish but I'm gonna start fresh tomorrow!! Nice meeting you all
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My little is 9 month, i've lost 50 since he was born with about 20 left to go. Feel free to add me!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 18 month old and have 30+lbs to lose still :(
    Please feel free to add me!!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    My baby boy will be 1 year in Aug and I'm looking to go from 153lbs to approx 135lbs.
    I Used to enjoy ripped in 30 and got results so am keen to get back into it - perhaps baby's morning nap time will allow?
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    4 month old here! Need to lose about 13 to get back to pre-preg and then another 20 or so. Please feel free to add me as well :)
  • meganmurray217
    meganmurray217 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same here! My oldest is 5 & youngest is 6 months old. Looking to lose 20 pounds. I've lost 9 pounds so far! I walk to the gym 6 days a week ( try to do at least 40 min of cardio & some weight lifting) & also try to do body weight exercises in the afternoons.
  • paintpastelprincess86
    paintpastelprincess86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just had my first baby in April. Need to lose about 45-50lbs!
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'll give you a tip: stop calling it "baby's weight". It's yours.

I guess that many moms will roll eyes when reading this, but seriously. I think it's important to face the reality and to call a spade a spade. Except for the weight that any women will gain during pregnancy (which is not a lot of weight) the excess is all yours, and is caused by one thing: eating too much for your energy expenditure. Period. And the fact that you had a baby, does not make weight loss more or less difficult. There are skinny mommies and morbidly obese ones.

But good thing is, if the weight is not the baby's, but all yours, it means that you got control over this.

So you got this. Since last year, you have another excellent reason to be healthy. :smile:
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I finally lost all of my baby weight and my daughter is now 2.5 but I still want to lose more. it's going well but mentally it's hard
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So here is my story. I'm a 40 year old mother of 3. 21, 16, and 14 year olds. My babies were born at MY AGE of 19, 23 and 25 years old. I never completely lost all of the weight I gained while pregnant. Getting pregnant I thought gave me the license to eat anything and everything. Boy oh boy was I wrong!!! If I would have known then what I know now......
    When I was 28 my husband came home telling me about someone at his job that was a Gestational Carrier, more commonly known as a surrogate and asked if I would be interested in doing that. I thought, sure why not? I had pretty easy pregnancies except for all of the weight gain. Fast forward 10+ years and am a surrogate now for the 4th time and currently 20 weeks pregnant with TWINS!!! Oh goodness!!! According to the charts in the doctors office I am considered obese. Even though this is the case for me I've been doing some research and I am suppose to gain 35-45 pounds. I'm only 5' 4". I think that is way too much additional weight for me.
    So I'm trying to make healthy choices.I've gained 4 pounds so far and am tracking my weight gain to see how well I do as far as weight loss once babies arrive.
    If anyone has advice on having a healthy pregnancy please feel free to add me.

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I gained 60lbs 8 years ago with my first pregnancy and right now im 5lbs away from my prepregnancy weight with him. If i can do it 8 years late you got this.
  • Sabrina1982xo
    Sabrina1982xo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had my first child 2 months ago and still need to lose about 10 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend. I log everyday in my diary and always welcome new mother's in ny journey.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My first baby is 3.5 months old. I need to lose 18 lbs. Had success with mfp before and hoping to again.