All of you who lost weight without gym I need advice.

Options

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »
    Hello,
    It has been really fun using MFP and losing 18 pounds just by tracking my calories but I am at a point right now where I need to burn 300 calories a day (and eat 1200 ,which is no problem for me). I dont have a gym membership and I own a treadmill which I've used for last 6 months to burn 200 cals a day (3 mph for 44 minutes). Its so hard for me to up the speed on treadmill and last longer than 30 minutes and I dont know any other exercise that could help me burn 300 cals.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with some ideas or your own experience.

Intervals. Up the speed for 30-60 seconds then lower for 60-90 seconds. You'll increase but it takes time. You might bump it to an hour too. I started at 30 bumped to 45 minutes and now I walk 65 minutes. For me it took a month to get to 3mph steadily for the hour after my warm up around 2.5-2.8. :) The gym has really helped. Maybe add in some hand weights or kettle bells. If you get bored with walking or want more challenge look up HIIT videos on youtube.
  • MsDonaB
    MsDonaB Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    It has been really fun using MFP and losing 18 pounds just by tracking my calories but I am at a point right now where I need to burn 300 calories a day (and eat 1200 ,which is no problem for me). I dont have a gym membership and I own a treadmill which I've used for last 6 months to burn 200 cals a day (3 mph for 44 minutes). Its so hard for me to up the speed on treadmill and last longer than 30 minutes and I dont know any other exercise that could help me burn 300 cals.

Back when I was training for a half-marathon (of which I walked about 90%, but still finished in the required time and got my bling!), my trainer told me not to focus so much on the speed of the treadmill but to focus more on increasing the incline. Otherwise, I would second what others are saying about checking out fitnessblender and some of the other workouts on YouTube - there are so many, I don't think you could get bored! Also, there are things around the house you can use and do that will help you burn calories: do you have any stairs that you could go up and down? Just a couple of thoughts!
  • jonesceri3
    jonesceri3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've got the couch to 5k app on my phone and I use that on the treadmill
    It starts off with warm up walk for 5 min then jog for 1 min I put it at 7.5 mph then you walk for 1.5 min then jog for 1 min so on and so on
    I'm a big lady was 16st 1lb 8oz when I started on mon I cheekily weighed today to see if I'm losing weight and I'm 15st 12lb 2oz fc that don't go up in the morning lol down more would be fab
    But anyway I only have a treadmill also and this is what I'm doing
    Also if your treadmill has incline put it up to 1 that will burn more Cals as well
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You mentioned above about knowing how many calories you burn doing workout videos, the Fitness Blender ones have a little calorie counter on them so you get a rough idea :smile:
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You all are so amazing and motivating. I downloaded ck25 ,I am planning on starting it from tomorrow. I did a 30 hour fitness blender cardio workout (and died). It is amazing that I see so many possibilities now. Thank you so much <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Get a Kettlebell. Burns 20 calories per minute and counts as aerobic and strength workout. Go to StrongFirst.com for video and look up 5 week Kettlebell workout.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    All my exercise is walking. Half hour of moderate/slow walking burns 100clas for me (5'7, 150lbs).

Also you could try riding the bike more than once a day?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    do some of those online exercise routines right in your own home. I found this page for you.
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you awesoms people. I have to say the fitnessblender workout really did something. I have been stuck at 82.8kgs for 5 days and today I am down to 82.3 (1lb down). Yayayay!! I'll check out every thing mentioned in the comments. All very helpful. <3
  • badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I do is walk my dog everyday which is what my doctor recommended. My fitness pal step counter says that I will burn 300 calories with only going two miles. Easy.
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells! After only 20 minutes I am pouring sweat.
  • beebs637
    beebs637 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can only walk fast on a treadmill as have hypermobility. I put my favourite boxset on my phone and hide the treadmill screen with it i put in my headphones and thats me for 45-60 mins i up the speed mid way and burn around 420 cals without realising ive done it! Makes a huge difference watching a program rather than watching the clock.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Youtube leslie sansone walking videos she works on other muscles in your legs. 30 min with Leslie is 2 miles 45min is 3 miles. I also use my treadmill but do the videos to work out all my muscles. :)
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I've lost 100+ lbs & I only went to the gym while on vacation or during a company outing. I used YouTube. I started doing dance routines then I worked my way up to advanced workouts. I have dumbbells and an adjustable weight set. I would say that you should find an activity you enjoy and stick with it. Good luck on your journey!

Thank you so much for your sharing that. I am really interested in dancing /doing fun youtube workouts. I however do not know how to measure the calories burn doing them. Do you use a fitbit or does iphone track it as well? Also, if I may ask ,what youtube channels do you reccommend?
    Thank you so much again.

Fitnessblender is AMAZING!!!!! They have loads of workouts. I started off with SuperherofitnessTV. If a workout was only 25 minutes, that's all I did. I used it to build stamina. Plus, I was dancing so it didn't feel like exercise. I've now moved on to more advanced workouts. I'm currently doing workouts from Shelly Dose. Her workouts are between 20-40 mins. I usually create workouts by combining 2 of her videos. I used a polar watch to measure my calorie burn. Fitnessblender has a calorie bar on each of their videos. Don't go by that! When I purchased the Polar, I realized that I burn WAAAYYY less then their lowest estimate. :'(
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Does your treadmill have an incline? You can easily reach your 300 cals by increasing the incline versus the time.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i lost a majority of my weight at home.
    i did the c25k, b210k, and now-slow free running
    yoga
    aerial yoga
    bodyweight exercises
    dog walks
    dancing
    belly dancing
    poi spinning
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I find gyms dull & boring. Go ride a bike. You don't have to have fancy schmancy expensive stuff. A good helmet & safety colors. I bike all over. Met another biker, she has a 2nd hand ladies bike. No gears. Just a plain bike with decent tires. Rides back/forth to her job every day. Uses it to get groceries, too. She told me she lost30lbs without even trying.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you awesoms people. I have to say the fitnessblender workout really did something. I have been stuck at 82.8kgs for 5 days and today I am down to 82.3 (1lb down). Yayayay!! I'll check out every thing mentioned in the comments. All very helpful. <3

weight fluctuates day in and day out. you werent stuck you probably were retaining water.you probably lost some of that water which is why your weight went down.your weight will not stay in one range or on one number,there are many factors why it will go up or down or stay the same. since weight loss isnt linear.
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I lost over 50 pounds just from walking and eating better and logging on MFP. I started walking slow and increased speed and distance with time. Then I started walking up and down steep hills at the park to push myself. I also got some 10 pound dumbbells and used those at home. You can do sit ups, jumping jacks etc at home. You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!