Off topic relationships a a confidence

Options
laurenduffy1988
laurenduffy1988 Posts: 64 Member
I was seeing a guy who lives an hour's flight away last year and we meet up etc nothing to serious but talking every day and then he just wouldn't speak to me no explaination at all which really upset me about a year later he got on touch and we met twice and I have realjsed he really makes me feel bad about myself - I tried to break it off today and he just sent messages making me *kitten* about myself again why can't I realise I need to let go :(

Replies

• laurenduffy1988
    Options
    Yes the first time when he cut me off he said he starting getting with someone else but I still met him again I think he makes me feel bad about myself cause he says he doesnt want a relationship with me (he was just pretty badly in past) and that makes me think they is something wrong with me, he says I was too available and a bit needy - thing is I don't even really like him I just needed the assurance from someone I think :( and then when I try to cool it off I feel too guilty ignoring him
  • laurenduffy1988
    Options
    Sorry I am 28
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yea let him go girl! I think ignoring him should make you feel good. And if he stops hitting you up, DO NOT FEEL BAD! Just wait it out. A good guy would come along girlie. But please leave this guy alone. Let him wonder why you are ignoring him.
  • laurenduffy1988
    Options
    Thank you the only reason I feel bad is because he got badly hurt before but he hasn't treated me right so shouldn't feel bad
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    He sounds toxic - I think you're better off without him. I would just cut all communication with him regardless of what sweet things he may say to try to win you back. Him being hurt in the past is not something you can change or compensate for. You are not responsible for his happiness, and he is not treating you as a priority so move on before you get hurt worse. Significant others are supposed to support you and you should feel good with them, if you have confidence issues around him he is not the person for you.
  • laurenduffy1988
    Options
    Thanks guys you have made me feel better :)
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Run...run away and never look back. The guys a tool and seriously you deserve way better than a guy looking for a filler in between other women.
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    He sounds toxic - I think you're better off without him. I would just cut all communication with him regardless of what sweet things he may say to try to win you back. Him being hurt in the past is not something you can change or compensate for. You are not responsible for his happiness, and he is not treating you as a priority so move on before you get hurt worse. Significant others are supposed to support you and you should feel good with them, if you have confidence issues around him he is not the person for you.

There is so much awesome in this I need extra emojis
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others on this. The fact that he's been hurt in the past doesn't make you responsible for his happiness in the present. You're responsible for your own happiness and being with him isn't bringing you that. As the first poster mentioned, he's just using you as a rebound and you shouldn't allow someone like him to have such a hold on you.
    I know leaving will be hard, despite the fact that you don't even like him, you just have to be brave and know that the sadness you feel will go away very quickly.

Good luck girlie!!