Help Me Please!!!!

Options
I work for 8 hrs a day sitting at a desk and while I am working all I want to do is snack, for some reason even if i just ate im still wanting something to eat. I have been trying to drink more water to see if that will help, but it doesn't really help. Please help me!!!!

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Try snacking on protein snacks....like some pure protein bars. They hold me for several hrs.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    chec my blog out on here and see if i can help you
    Tim
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I too work at a desk all day- try chewing gum
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    drink more water and snack on fruit or protein instead. also try to get up and walk as much as u can
  • david83ec
    david83ec Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I uses to have thE same problem, I LOVE food, but I started to choose healthier options, like an apple or low cal crackers. Water helps me a lot. :)
  • jennyo23
    jennyo23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It seems that we have the same job :D and trust me I feel the same way. Since I always feel like snacking when I'm working I started to bring in lots of fruits. I figured that it is much healthier than snacking on anything else...
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When I worked an office job I had the same problem. Candy was my thing. All day long. Then, it was lunchtime! Its just a habit and you CAN break it. Eat breakfast and take some fruit or a protein bar and that's it until lunch. Then make sure you have a healthy snack for the afternoon.
  • babydraco269
    Options
    this is gonna sound crazy, but those gerber babyfood puffs. snack on them like theyre skittles. theres almost no calories so its pretty much guilt free snacking.and theyre actually pretty yummy! lol!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I work for 8 hrs a day sitting at a desk and while I am working all I want to do is snack, for some reason even if i just ate im still wanting something to eat. I have been trying to drink more water to see if that will help, but it doesn't really help. Please help me!!!!

I'd suggest a decent quality soup..it will keep you feeling 'full' for MUCH longer than standard snacks/fruit etc and if the soup has veggies in it, provide you with great nutrition, too. Someone suggested I try it as I am ALWAYS hungry and especially after dinner..I now have soup for dinner as it really dos make me feel 'full'...hope it helps.
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I just make sure to bring enough healthy snacks along with me. Mostly bite size fruits and veggies. Hummus and pita bread. Yogurt and granola. Hard boiled eggs. Low fat cheese sticks. Propel Zero for my water when I get bored with plain water. You can snack on those things all day without guilt.
  • rddeppy
    rddeppy Posts: 44
    Options
    I am now a baby carrot addict. I literally eat a bag of those every two days. My skin is probably going to have an orange glow soon but its working for me.
  • jennykling
    jennykling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is a habit you have formed that you can break:) If possible, pick a certain time of the day like 9:30 and eat your snack every day at that time. Mentally prepare yourself that this is the time I can eat and in a few hours I will have lunch and the same in the afternoon. Keep drinking that water! You can do it and after awhile your body will adjust and you wont be feeling hungry all the time. Make sure you plan ahead for your snacks so you are grabbing healthy nutritious food items. Good luck - you can do it!!!
  • tcielo
    tcielo Posts: 1
    Options
    Im currently drinking these Visalus Shakes....there really good ! And I'm not hungry in between meals. Reply back and I'll give you all the nutrional specs.:happy:

The water helps, remember fruit is great for you but to much is not great either, it does have sugar....the object is to eat small meals and not get that hungry feeling.

I have faith in you, you can do it!
  • CJCrowell
    CJCrowell Posts: 4
    Options
    My job keeps me moving all day, but I understand your problem totally! I have heard in the past that chewing gum isn't good because it produces more saliva, but it really helps me! The fruits, protein bars and the water are great ideas, and fresh vegetables: baby carrots, celery sticks, sliced cucumbers might also help. Good luck and keep up the good work!!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think what I have always craved is crunch. Crackers are a big temptation for me. I have solved that with eating carrots and celery. I eat a couple of whole carrots or a bunch of baby carrots with my lunch and if I am tempted to munch when I am cooking. They have calories too, but a lot less then a stack of crackers. Hope it helps. :smile:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free mints on my desk for when I have work munchies that I know are about something other than being hungry.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    * ALL * of these suggestions are just FANTASTIC!