BEST Concert You've Been To?

Options
Shana67
Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
My fellow music lovers, I see a thread about the last concert you went to, but what about the BEST?

I have been to so many excellent shows. I think that hands down the best one was when we saw The Foo Fighters at Red Rocks back in 2008. It was also my first time seeing them, after having been a fan for - forever! Dave Grohl is HILARIOUS, the music was superb, the venue is absolutely one of the best in music today (or in any time, I would wager). When the concert was over, I was crying - it was such an emotional experience for me.

So. How about you?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Backstreet Boys in 1998! I paid $165.00 for a single 3rd row, left (nearly center) ticket. I didn't buy 1 for a friend because teenagers're talkative & I didn't desire for my time to be entertained, instead spent entertaining a friend's conversation; that could wait until after the concert & it was a wise decision, when viewing that problem with the other teenagers that were there; with their friends.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    U2. All of them but Hershey practice show for zoo tv
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    They're not even my favorite band but Fleetwood Mac (I do love them). Amazing concert.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    That's tough. Dispatch at Red Rocks in 2011 or Built to Spill at Red Rocks last summer. Best small venue show was Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real at Larimer Lounge in Denver a few years ago.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    dhs45 wrote: »
    U2. All of them but Hershey practice show for zoo tv

Also one of my all time favorites, since I was 15 (1982). ALL of their shows are AH-MAZING!
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ed Sheeran! He's amazing in concert...Iove the way he does mash-ups with other songs.. And you dont have to deal with 20k back up singers and dancers that perform most of the show....he does his whole set solo
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Any U2 show I have been to. I particularly liked the 360 tour.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    They're not even my favorite band but Fleetwood Mac (I do love them). Amazing concert.

I went a few years ago when they came to Dallas. I was shocked at how good they still are. Best concert I've been to by far.
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mindless self indulgence
    I snuck out of my moms house with my boyfriend and had my first alcohol that night to .
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    I enjoyed rob zombie and pantera...a lot.

Rob Zombie was an awesome one. When I saw him a couple years ago, I made our DD stop at the rest area on the way home and his tour bus ended up being there. My friends dared me to go up and talk to him. I did. It was AMAZING AF! He is super cool and we ended up chatting for close to an hour!

My favorite concerts though are a toss up between Nine Inch Nails, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Eric Church all awesome shows that I would go to again and again!
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    NKOTB of course!
  • aspire2lift
    aspire2lift Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    <3 Paul McCartney <3
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    GWAR. All 5 times I saw them it has been truly epic.
    Hank III also puts on one helluva show. Plays for like 4 hours.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to too many concerts unfortunately, but I have to say GODSMACK puts on a hell of a show. I'm going to be seeing Slipknot and Marilyn Manson next weekend, I'm hoping they put on a good show. Maybe I'll find a cute guy at the concert (working on losing weight but gaining that confidence!) :blush:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh.

Barry Manilow.

Tickets were free and it was an outdoor concert. There may have been lots of beer and weed involved as well.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Any year Lallapalooza The Gorge at George (WA).
    Bumpershoot usually has Ann & Nancy Wilson rocking out (Heart). I saw them perform at a bar way back when....good times.

1984 Tina Turner Private Dancer Tour.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I went a few years ago when they came to Dallas. I was shocked at how good they still are. Best concert I've been to by far.

They're totally set to play an arena show. There were like extra people in the band playing keyboards and crap. Just so full and professional sounding.
  • TrevorRitter71113
    TrevorRitter71113 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anti flag 2008 Cincinnati Ohio
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Casting Crowns, Thrive Tour