tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome, have you reached goal?
  • fastpitch2015
    fastpitch2015 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    tia530 wrote: »
    Awesome, have you reached goal?

I reached my 200 lbs lost goal. But now working in 26 more pounds goal.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    AMAZEBALLS DUDE!!!! You definitely did work your bootie off!!!!
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    AMAZEBALLS DUDE!!!! You definitely did work your bootie off!!!!
    Thank you and yes. Lol I lost my booty. Lol
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Fabulous. Amazing.

Thanks!
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating?
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!! High fives!!!
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fastpitch2015, I have nothing but the upmost respect, that is awesome, could you tell us what type of training were you doing, i started at 320, and lost 35 lbs so far, just casual walking at work, i am walking around 8-10 miles a day,also, how bad is the lose skin, it something that has been bugging me a bit, thanks
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

yes, i'd love to see your diary opened. be awesome to get some ideas.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options

12-1500
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Fastpitch2015, I have nothing but the upmost respect, that is awesome, could you tell us what type of training were you doing, i started at 320, and lost 35 lbs so far, just casual walking at work, i am walking around 8-10 miles a day,also, how bad is the lose skin, it something that has been bugging me a bit, thanks

Lots of waking works and congrats. The loose skin had became an issue. I didn't expect it to get too bad but it is. My legs, butt, arms and stomach. I carried the weight a long time. I guess I should have been prepared for it but it bothers me now to look at it. When I'm in clothes it doesn't bother me and I feel 100 percent better but when I'm outta clothes it's there and a reminder of the shape I was in.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Are you still losing? Have you upped your calories yet? It'll be interesting to see what happens when you start eating a reasonable intake.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Are you still losing? Have you upped your calories yet? It'll be interesting to see what happens when you start eating a reasonable intake.

I am still loosing. I am still doing same plan. I set my next goal at 26 pounds. I am adding more running.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    You need to start strength training now to prevent more muscle loss. Skip more cardio.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    You need to start strength training now to prevent more muscle loss. Skip more cardio.
    I have thought bout that. I use toning weights some. My arms are toned and light muscle. Of course I feel the muscle in my legs. And chest. Back. I need to do strength training for sure.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My wife has lost 65 pounds with me. Much different for ladies and much different for someone who wasn't in the morbid obese area!

You both look so happy in your photo. well done to BOTH of you!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

12-1500

So therein lies the problem for me. Yes, you were extremely obese and it's good you got that weight off, but I don't like holding out a VLCD as a model for others. You could have been eating twice that and lost plenty while giving your body time to adapt and avoiding the potential negative effects of extremely rapid weight loss. Of course, if you were instructed by a doctor to do it this way, and under his close supervision, that is a different story (but not much).
  • Hornsby
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have thought bout that. I use toning weights some. My arms are toned and light muscle. Of course I feel the muscle in my legs. And chest. Back. I need to do strength training for sure.

When we lose weight, we lose muscle and fat. That's just a fact a life. To prevent it you eat at a slight deficit (that's out the window for you) and strength train. Since you are already eating a VLCD diet, it would be wise to emphasize strength training to try and counteract the extreme lack of energy you are providing your body.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome . Do not understand how losing 25 pounds a month is substainable ... But that is awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!