Eatting

Options
Hi everyone
I'm Lucy I've been using the app for nearly 2 weeks but I seem to be getting mad with myself as I can seem to get in to a healthy routine with my food doing well with exercise tho.can anyone help please

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation..but I find it easier to eat healthier if I log my food before I actually eat because it shows you the actual calories..fat..protein etc. So I tend to change my food once I see how much it is just a thought. I nees to lose a lot of weight so this is no advice lol just a suggestion that jas been helping me this week that I just started ;) good luck
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Navallez wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation..but I find it easier to eat healthier if I log my food before I actually eat because it shows you the actual calories..fat..protein etc. So I tend to change my food once I see how much it is just a thought. I nees to lose a lot of weight so this is no advice lol just a suggestion that jas been helping me this week that I just started ;) good luck

This is a good advice. I always log my food before I eat it. I can't eat something if I don't know how much calories it has (or fat cos I have to monitor this).
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Hello Lucy! Well done for the steps you've taken towards a healthier lifestyle. Don't panic that you're not doing perfectly, none of us is perfect and you've only been at it two weeks. It takes time to get into a rhythm and learn all the tricks that will help you stick to your goals without feeling hungry or dissatisfied. Just hang in there and keep trying and you'll get there in the end. Persistence is better than perfection.

Can you give us more detail about which parts you're finding difficult to stick to? People here have a wealth of tips if you can be specific.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Eating right is 90% of the battle on losing weight (opinion).
    Exercise for your health and to feel good.
    You have to log, log, log. Go get a digital food scale at walmart or target.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You're still new to this, so don't be so hard on yourself. Start with your calorie and macro goals and reverse engineer your day. Take your goals and break them down into your meals. Pick lots of whole foods to keep you full and to hit your calorie/macro goals for each meal. You can do it! It just takes some time.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If it's the healthy part you are having problems with, I mainly look at Calories, Protein, Carbs, Fat and Fiber. This is how I built a healthy diet which is now a lifestyle change for me:

Visit websites that offer a list of healthy foods and note the favorites
    Keep fresh fruit and veggies (or frozen veggies) on hand
    Cook at home - season your own meats
    Healthy sides - brown rice, potato, sweet potato, beans, salad, etc
    Healthy snacks - Greek yogurt, nuts, pretzels, etc (built up list as months went on)
    Fiber breads (I eat a pb&j almost everyday on whole grain lol)
    Sweet tooth - I eat Fiber One bars or protein bars. (they are as good as a candy bar)
    Really limited my processed, pre seasoned foods and frozen meals to almost none.

It took me a while to build up my list. I also prelog my day to get my numbers to work. I enjoy all my foods. I enjoyed weight loss. I never remembered being hungry. Well, at the beginning because I was following a certain diet. lol Pick foods that will keep you full (fiber, protein and fats) Good luck to you! It's still early.
    It takes time to get into a rhythm and learn all the tricks that will help you stick to your goals without feeling hungry or dissatisfied.

So true! Good luck to you!