Stretch Marks

Options
Sierra_Christine97
Sierra_Christine97 Posts: 39 Member
Hey everyone!

This is a pretty popular subject among my friends and I. Stretch Marks.

When I was younger, I was heavier, and then I lost a bunch of weight, so even though I had the body I wanted I still didn't feel confident in my skin because of all of my stretch marks.

I had/have them on my inner thighs, my inner arms, and my hips and stomach.

Most have gone away on my thighs as I have gotten older, but I still have them on my arms, and stomach and it drives me crazy. I don't really feel embarrassed as much as I do annoyed by them.

I know for a fact I would feel more confident if they weren't as noticeable. I know I can't get rid of them indefinitely.

I know everyone has them, and I know there is nothing to be embarrassed about. I just want to do something make them less noticeable.

I have read Bio Oil is a good alternative to getting rid of them, or helping reduce the appearance of them. Has anyone tried that product or something similar they got results with?

Replies

• Sierra_Christine97
    Options
    I haven't heard of that! I don't really want to have anything like laser done though. I guess stretch marks just don't seem worth the money to get rid of because I know I will get them again eventually when I decide to have children. I just would like to make the appearance of them a little bit less noticeable.

I just want to try out a lotion or something someone has tried that got them some results.

I'm sorry about your experience though...that must have been horrible.

A treatment like that is better suited for someone with a situation like yours, that is much more serious!

Thank you though :)
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    bio oil worked wonders with my collarbone scar, faded pretty quickly.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I got them BAD when I was pregnant. I did grow to over 5ft wide though.. :o:D
    As you know, nothing will remove them but bio oil does work well at reducing the redness.
  • kathrynseddon1993
    kathrynseddon1993 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine are terrible after a ma-hoo-sive baby bump. I have them on my thighs and hips too from being a teenager and putting on weight. I don't like them and I'm still coming to terms with the pregnancy ones :( but they've gotten better with time. I really think that the person who has them sees them as much worse than they really are!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I've tried Bio Oil, it makes my skin softer, but didn't reduce the stretch marks one iota. I've also tried those little wraps, didn't change anything. I've had stretch marks since I was 20 (am almost 47), and all I can offer is that they do fade some over time. Other than surgery, I don't believe there's a real way to remove them altogether.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

When I was younger, I was heavier, and then I lost a bunch of weight, so even though I had the body I wanted I still didn't feel confident in my skin because of all of my stretch marks.

Most have gone away on my thighs as I have gotten older, but I still have them on my arms, and stomach and it drives me crazy. I don't really feel embarrassed as much as I do annoyed by them.

I know for a fact I would feel more confident if they weren't as noticeable. I know I can't get rid of them indefinitely.

I know everyone has them, and I know there is nothing to be embarrassed about. I just want to do something make them less noticeable.

I have read Bio Oil is a good alternative to getting rid of them, or helping reduce the appearance of them. Has anyone tried that product or something similar they got results with?

Just get a big tattoo that covers them. I seen a guy in the tattoo shop get his love handle stretch marks tattooed. It looked pretty cool.
  • kathrynseddon1993
    kathrynseddon1993 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine are terrible after a ma-hoo-sive baby bump. I have them on my thighs and hips too from being a teenager and putting on weight. I don't like them and I'm still coming to terms with the pregnancy ones :( but they've gotten better with time. I really think that the person who has them sees them as much worse than they really are!

yeah this right here. nobody cares beyond the individual. we all got flaws.

aside from that, thank the MFP gods that nobody has posted that stupid "stretch marks/tiger stripes" meme cause i was fully expecting it.

Haha the 'heyy gurlllll you earned those TIGER STRIPES biatchhh so fierce' makes my teeth itch.
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My sister swears by BioOil. She started using it during her pregnancy and found it improved both new and old marks.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks from puberty. They're kinda not noticeable anymore.

I had them all over my thighs
  • Sierra_Christine97
    Options
    Antd420 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Just get a big tattoo that covers them. I seen a guy in the tattoo shop get his love handle stretch marks tattooed. It looked pretty cool.

hahaha well I don't want a tattoo on my stomach, but I will consider it.
    I am actually in the process of a sleeve, so my arm won't bother me as much, just my stomach.
  • Sierra_Christine97
    Options
    Thank you all for the response! I did see a few positive about the Bio-Oil, so I think I may give it a go. I will post before and after pictures to help others see if it works or not...however, different things work for different people so we shall see!