Bikini!!!!!!!!!! I think so!

Options
So I will be at my parent's house this weekend for the 4th of July and they have a pool. My bathing suit from last year (a one piece) is too big (yes!!). I decided to go bathing suit shopping today just to see if I liked anything. I actually got the courage to try on not 1, but 4 bikinis....I can't believe it!! Not only did I get the courage to try on bikinis....but I actually took a picture of myself in the dressing room with one of them on and sent it to my fiance, my friend, and my 2 sisters. Prior to this I NEVER showed my stomach....NEVER!!! I can't believe I felt that good about how I looked to show others a picture. And all of them gave me honest opinions "BUY IT!" Unfortunately, I decided not to because I just don't feel comfortable yet. But this was a HUGE confidence boost!!! It makes me only want to work harder and keep going. I keep looking at the picture and I am blown away at how good I think I look. Never in my adult life have I worn a bikini. YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Go back and get it! lol
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    This post is just begging for a photo.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You should have bought it!!! That's great that you are on the right path to getting healthy. I bet you will be in that bikini by the end of July....they should be on super sale by then anyway! Good luck!!
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm sure you'll be rocking that bikini before the summer's over. Great job hun! :drinker:

I agree with the OP's...GO GET IT and POST A PIC!!! :laugh:
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Agree!!
    I have never shown much belly either. I just always went swimming in a tank top and shorts and now I find myself considering two peices!! I have a little bit of work to do till I get there though! Good luck!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Go back and get it! lol
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options

I agree! I think you should get it! And post a photo so we all can see your progress!! :)
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm sure you'll be rocking that bikini before the summer's over. Great job hun! :drinker:

I agree with the OP's...GO GET IT and POST A PIC!!! :laugh:
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    agreed!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Pic is in my pics....Not sure how else to post on one here!!! YIKES!!! hahaha now I'm showing a billion people!!!
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    Pic is in my pics....Not sure how else to post on one here!!! YIKES!!! hahaha now I'm showing a billion people!!!
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is certainly not something you should be afraid to show off. You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Go back and get it! lol
    Absolutely!!!!!!! GO GET THE SUIT!!!!!
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    Speaking as a male... you look great. I'd let you eat carrots in my bed. :D (Kidding.. but congratulations on the accomplishment!)
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    That is certainly not something you should be afraid to show off. You look fantastic! Congrats!

Haha!! Thanks!!! I think I have some more toning to do though!!! I think I just haven't ever shown off my stomach since I was 10? hahaha.....gotta get used to it I suppose!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    cant see any pics :(
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I can't see any pictures either!

I completely understand though. I bought one, being proud of the way I looked for the first time ever, but then STILL can't seem to wear it in front of people. Haha. I've never exposed my stomach to people either, ever. Even in middle school and high school when I was overweight I would wear t-shirt and shorts OVER my one piece swim suit. ridiculous. I've come a long way just to wear a tankini. but I still own the bikini and will try it on if I'm feeling good to see if I'm ready.
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    Oh! and congrats!!!
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    Ahh I see it now! you should totally go get it. Your belly is much more flat than mine. you are TOTALLY ready.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Go back and get it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!