Change is needed

Options
Well I've decided I really don't like what I see or how I feel...so today is a new day . Tomorrow my new present arrives a exercise bike....i have to change my life . So from now on healthy meals and exercise.

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. To be honest though, you can save yourself a lot of heartache by saying "From now on, progress!" rather than the healthy meals/exercise. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking they will only eat health and exercise very often, then feel guilty if/when they don't. That guilt usually leads to stress, stress leads to the dark side, the dark side has cookies, then before you know it you've got an empty bag of Oreos under the bed.

This journey is all about making progress, not being perfect. Good Luck!
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just remember, it's a marathon - not a sprint. Make changes you can live with for the long term, so that it becomes a lifestyle, and not just a "diet". Wishing you all the best!!!
  • chattah
    chattah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I made that choice just over 3 months ago and while it is a lot of work. I can honestly say that it's well worth it. I can actually jog up a flight of steps now where 3 months ago walking up that same flight would leave me out of breath. Just remember that it is a journey and not a destination. If you mess up on your food/exercise routine a week from now just chock that up as a learning experience and get back at it. Everyone slips in this journey the key is to keep moving and keep trying.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm with those guys. Sometimes you have to hit a wall before you take the right steps. From my experience even a 1lb. loss will make a new you.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Vow to not let the exercise bike become a coat hanger!
  • claire76marie
    claire76marie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ..it going to be a long journey but in my life I have overcome many difficulties so this is going to be a walk in the park ..
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    start off slow and take breaks

long sessions hurt your bum, or at least it does mine
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Hope you stick with it. Remember to take Baby Steps. Rome wasn't built overnight. If I can offer my opinion, download something like Strava, Endomondo or other and track your rides, sync it to MFP. Negative Calories are just as important to track as positive calories.
  • claire76marie
    claire76marie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok which app is best to track my use of the exercise bike and maybe any other exercise I can fit in ? I'm very new to this and tbh have no idea what I'm doing??????