Do I want to bring my resistance bands on vacation...?

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
We (my girlfriend and I) have a cabin on a lake in a national park. Our plans are to swim, hike, enjoy natural beauty, and be romantic. I'm trying to decide if I should bring the resistance bands. We'll be there a week.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Well they take up very little room in your bag so why not take them. If you don't use them, what's the harm?
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    they're small, why not take them?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    We (my girlfriend and I) have a cabin on a lake in a national park. Our plans are to swim, hike, enjoy natural beauty, and be romantic. I'm trying to decide if I should bring the resistance bands. We'll be there a week.

1 week? Just hang out and have fun.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    You are going to swim and hike probably more than normal, so you don't need to bring them for exercise. As for strength training, 1 week isn't enough to lose muscle or strength. Do whatever you want, but there isn't a lot of reason to bring them, and personally I don't care to exercise on vacation, I'm there to relax not work out for the sake of working out. That doesn't mean I won't knock out a set of 20 push ups, but that isn't my priority and may or may not happen depending on if I'm standing around waiting to get our day started.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I would, for those rainy days or when indoors and bored, heck, you could if you wanted to tie your girlfriend up with them, for you know.... ;)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    They're small so pack them just in case she's napping and you're up ;-)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't bother
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, folks! :smile:

I'm leaning toward taking them. We have to hike in with everything we need, but they're not heavy. And it shouldn't be hard to find half an hour every other day. The main thing I'm thinking is that I'm starting to see results from using them and I don't want to feel bad like where would I be if I hadn't missed that week? But then I wonder if it's neurotic to bring them.
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Maybe you can be romantic with the resistance bands. Kill two birds and all that.
    wytey wrote: »
    I would, for those rainy days or when indoors and bored, heck, you could if you wanted to tie your girlfriend up with them, for you know.... ;)

Lol you make a good argument: I could leave the rope behind. :wink:
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    oh i'd take a set, just for some stretching and mobility stuff at the end of the day to feel good.