Crock Pot recipes

Options

Replies

• misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Soup
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: about 1-1/2 cups  Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 234.4 • Fat: 2.6 g  Protein: 13.6 g  Carb: 40.1 g  Fiber: 19.6 g

Ingredients:

For the beans:

• 1 lb dry black beans
    • 1 small bell red pepper
    • 1 small onion, quartered
    • 2 cloves garlic
    • 3 bay leaves

For the soup:

• 1 tbsp olive oil
    • 1 large onion, minced
    • 1/2 cup chopped parsley
    • 1 red pepper, minced
    • 2 medium carrots, shredded
    • 5 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    • 1/4 (2 oz) cup white wine
    • 1 tsp cumin
    • 1 tsp oregano
    • 1 chicken bullion (vegans use vegetable bullion)
    • salt and black pepper

Directions:

Rinse beans and place in a large pot with about 8 cups of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let the beans sit, covered for one hour. (Or you can let them soak overnight in cold water)

Drain the water, then add 8-10 cups of cold water when ready to cook.

Add 1 bell pepper, 2 garlic, small onion and bay leaves to the beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about an hour, or until tender, stirring occasionally. (Add water if necessary)

Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on low. Add chopped vegetables (onion, parsley, carrots, pepper, garlic) season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until soft.

Add the vegetables to the soup after it has simmered an hour, then add wine, vinegar, cumin, oregano, bullion, salt and pepper and adjust water if needed. Cover and simmer on low about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves, then using an immersion blender , partially blend the soup for about 10 seconds to thicken. If you don't have an immersion blender, put about 3 cups of the soup in a blender, then add it back to the pot. Adjust salt, pepper and cumin to taste and ladle about 1 1/2 cups into each bowl. Top with sour cream (extra points), chopped onions, scallions, chives or/or cilantro and enjoy!
  • misticache
    Options
    Turkey Chili Taco Soup
    Servings: 9  Size: 1-1/4 cups  Old Points: 3 pts  Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 198.8 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 29.7 g • Fiber: 7.0 g • Protein: 19.5 g

• 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
    • 1 medium onion, chopped
    • 1 bell pepper, chopped
    • 10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
    • 15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
    • 15 oz kidney beans, drained
    • 8 oz tomato sauce
    • 16 oz fat free refried beans
    • 1 packet taco seasoning (you can use 40& less sodium)
    • 2 1/2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth

In a large pot, brown turkey on medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer about 10-15 minutes.

Serve with a few baked tortilla chips and your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
  • misticache
    Options
    Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Size: about 1 3/4 cups • Old Points: 2 pt • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 131.2 • Fat: 0.4 g • Carbs: 25.3 • Fiber: 4.6 • Protein: 5.2 g • Sugar: 2.4
    Sodium: 57.1 mg (without salt based on homemade stock)

Ingredients:
    • 6 cups homemade turkey stock (or low sodium canned)
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 1 cup diced carrot
    • 3/4 cup chopped onion
    • 3/4 cup diced celery
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • salt to taste
    • freshly ground black pepper
    • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
    • 3 oz uncooked Ronzoni Smart Taste egg noodles
    • 2 cups leftover shredded turkey (about 8 ounces)

Directions:

Fill a large saucepan with homemade turkey stock (or canned). Add bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and simmer 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Add parsley, noodles and shredded turkey; cook according to noodle directions, about 5 minutes.

Discard bay leaf and serve.
  • misticache
    Options
    Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
    Servings: 12  Serving Size: 10.8 oz  Old Points: 3 pts  Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 206.3 • Fat: 1.4 g • Protein: 16.8 g • Carb: 31.8 g • Fiber: 9.0 g
    • 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
    • 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
    • 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
    • 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
    • 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
    • 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
    • 2 tbsp chili powder
    Topping:
    • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
    • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
    • shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
    Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
    Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot . Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
    Cook on high 6-8 hours.
    Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy!
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this :) I can't get enough of crockpot meals -- they are so easy :)
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump for later :smile:
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    BUMP! Saw some new/different ones that sound delish!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • misticache
    Options
    HAM AND SCALLOPED POTATOES

8 servings
    310 calories per serving

1 ½ lb. 98% fat free ham cut into 8 pieces
    9 medium potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
    1 large onion sliced thinly
    ½ t salt
    ½ t pepper
    1 c shredded fat free cheddar cheese
    1 can low fat cream of celery soup

Layer in this manner:
    ½ the potatoes
    ½ the onion
    ½ the salt and pepper
    ½ the cheese
    ½ the ham
    ½ the potatoes
    ½ the onion
    ½ the salt and pepper
    ½ the cheese
    All the soup
    ½ the ham

Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4 hours.
    what is the serving size?

Not exactly sure but it looks like it would make at least a 2 cup serving.
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Bump! Too much to take in at once!
  • kashmirdreamer
    kashmirdreamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How about vegetarian or vegan crock pot recipes?

Crock Pot Potato Cheese Soup was posted earlier and is vegetarian. I find that most vegan/veg crock pot recipes (especially those with white beans) can't cook as long as a chicken or meat dish. The beans will breakdown too far and most meat subs will dry out. I make white bean kale soup on the stove and it takes only 1hr with all prep.

This vegan chili could be made in crock pot: http://veganchicksrock.blogspot.com/2008/03/lentil-chili.html
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump for later <hugs crockpot>

:heart: this! I hug my crockpot regularly as well!! :laugh:
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Undoubtedly the best chicken tacos you'll ever have are made in a crockpot.

You'll need 1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I used thighs; they're cheaper), 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Dump all three ing. into crockpot. Stir, if you're into that sort of thing. And then set your timer to low. You can do this with frozen or thawed chicken.

Here's the original recipe: http://mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

I dare you not to stand over the crockpot, eating it straight outta-the-pot with a fork!!

How long do you cook it for? This sounds sooooo yummy!
  • kcpsu18
    kcpsu18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I found 99% of crock pot recipes have so many calories and sodium because everything has to be cooked in sauces. If you cook in water there is no taste. I don't use them. Just me.
  • cboss101114
    Options
    bump
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dynamicwon
    Options
    I can vouch for this one DEEEELish!
  • dynamicwon
    Options
    I meant to say I c an vouch for the chicken taco crock pot recipe it is very good.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I do a crock pot Chicken stroganoff:

2-3 Chicken breasts - frozen,
    1/2 pakage of Onion soup mix (I actually use 1/2 pkg due to sodium)
    98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (+ 1/2 can water)
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    16 oz Fat Free Sour Cream.

Put frozen chicken in the crock pot, top with remaining ingredients, and allow to slow cook all day (I usually cook on low for about 8-10 hrs). Once done, cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces (sometimes I shred it), and pour over your choice of either brown rice or whole grain noodles. :smile: I don't recommend putting the noodles to cook with the rest, the noods always get over done... :tongue:

This ^^^^
    Thank You for this recipe, :flowerforyou: it is soooo goood! :love: The only change in the recipe I made was instead of sour cream subbed with plain Greek Yogurt not the low or fat free kind. I have to watch my sodium and keep it at 1,500 or lower so only used the same amount of onion soup mix as you said.

To people who use calorie/carb free vegetable Shirataki Noodles, You will love this recipe. After the chicken was done in the crockpot from unfrozen state so it did not take that long, the noodles were prepared separately, rinsed throughly to remove smell of liquid they are packed in, blotted dry in towel to remove more moisture and dried them out in a skillet between 7-8 minutes. I discovered when noodles stop sizzling they are dry and ready to be added to recipes. For this recipe the noodles had fresh minced garlic added to give them flavor.( finallychelle describes in a post use MFP search under Shirataki noodles) the sauce was combined with the noodles. I just ate the chicken stroganoff recipe for lunch and it is so delicious! I am going to use many of these Crock pot recipe posts for the noodles and other low carb pasta's and rice.

I am looking forward to my leftover Stroganoff gravy mixture and putting it over low carb dream Field pasta for next meal. This recipe is a winner in my opinion I highly recommend it as it can be put over any pasta or rice or if potatoes are on your menu it would be awesome over mashed potatoes. I love my Crockpot and can't wait to try more of these recipes. Thank You for everyone who adds a recipe to this OP Post. Thanks OP for asking for the recipes.