Crock Pot recipes

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    I seriously thought this was labeled crack pot recipes. I wonder what a crack pot would be made of. Hmmmm....
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    bump
  • Love2bthinagain
    Love2bthinagain Posts: 2 Member
    I do a crock pot Chicken stroganoff:

2-3 Chicken breasts - frozen,
    1/2 pakage of Onion soup mix (I actually use 1/2 pkg due to sodium)
    98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (+ 1/2 can water)
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    16 oz Fat Free Sour Cream.

Put frozen chicken in the crock pot, top with remaining ingredients, and allow to slow cook all day (I usually cook on low for about 8-10 hrs). Once done, cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces (sometimes I shred it), and pour over your choice of either brown rice or whole grain noodles. :smile: I don't recommend putting the noodles to cook with the rest, the noods always get over done... :tongue:
  • Love2bthinagain
    Love2bthinagain Posts: 2 Member
    This sounds really good; what are the nutritionals/serving size? Thanks so much!
  • kpye2011
    kpye2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Thank you for posting...so many wonderful new things to try!!!
  • bump
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I tried this one that I found here on the board last week:

Buffalo Ranch Crockpot Chicken

1lb chicken breast (bonless/skinless)
    1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dip/Dressing mix
    1 bottle Franks Hot WIng Sauce (ZERO CALORIES)

Put the chicken in the crock pot, sprinkle the ranch on top and pour the Franks Hot Sauce on top (as much as you want)

I put it on for 4 hours..

Then I turned it into wraps usin FlatOut (its like a flatbread) (90 calories, 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of dietary fiber)...

Added lettuce, tomato, wrapped it up.
    This sounds so good! I must try it!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Undoubtedly the best chicken tacos you'll ever have are made in a crockpot.

You'll need 1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I used thighs; they're cheaper), 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Dump all three ing. into crockpot. Stir, if you're into that sort of thing. And then set your timer to low. You can do this with frozen or thawed chicken.

Here's the original recipe: http://mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

I dare you not to stand over the crockpot, eating it straight outta-the-pot with a fork!!

I make this too for taco night but instead of salsa I use 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, and I use a packet of low sodium taco seasoning. About 20 minutes before it's done I throw in a brick of fat free cream cheese and let that melt. It makes it really super creamy. We serve on soft or hard taco shells with just lettuce and a little cheese. The meat is so flavorful you don't need anything else. Actually having this for dinner tomorrow. I made a pot of it over the weekend and let it cool down and put into a freezer gallon bag and froze it. It's thawing in fridge now. I love quick and easy!

You just blew my mind with the cream cheese idea. I'm SO game for that.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Has anyone tried to make desserts in their slow cooker? I'm intrigued by the idea but can't wrap my brain around anything non-meat centric coming out of it, ha!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    I dont really know anyhting about meat. I just get the peice that looks the least ugly. meaning little to no visable fat. I put that in the crockpot with 1/2 cup water, 1/2-3/4 apple cider vinegar, and every spice i can find. Usually cumin, chili powder, healthy dose of cayenne. if I'm feeling choppy I put onion sliced and smooshed garlic.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Has anyone tried to make desserts in their slow cooker? I'm intrigued by the idea but can't wrap my brain around anything non-meat centric coming out of it, ha!

baked apples in a crockpot. or apple sauce in the crockpot!
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Sounds delish!
  • vipena786
    vipena786 Posts: 22 Member
    bump for later!
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    bump
  • Mldiz
    Mldiz Posts: 2
    Made this for dinner tonight..very tasty..I added more low sodium soy sauce than it asked for..so I would change this 'to taste'. My husband loved it.

Asian Spiced Chicken and Beans (7 Points)

1/2 Cup dry packaged Navy Beans or 1(15 ounces) can Navy Beans, rinsed and drained.

1/2 Cup dry packaged Red Beans or 1(15 ounce) can Red beans, rinsed and drained.

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.

3 large carrots, diagonally sliced

2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic, to taste

2 to 3 teaspoons minced ginger root or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger, to taste

1 (14 1/2 ounces) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth

2 Tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper

2 to 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce

4 Cups cooked rice

Sliced green onions and tops, for garnish
    Chopped peanuts for garnish

If using dry beans, in a large saucepan, place dry beans and cover with 2 inches water; heat to boiling; let boil, uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Drain soaking water and rinse beans. Place soaked OR canned beans, chicken, carrots, garlic, ginger and 1 1/4 cups of the chicken broth in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low until beans are tender about 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

Turn slow cooker to high. Combine cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup broth and stir into mixture in cooker; stir in crushed red pepper. Cover and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Serve over rice; sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.

Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.

Per serving: WW Points: 7 Calories: 375 Fat: 3g Fiber: 10g Carbs: 56g Sodium: 285mg Protein: 30g Chol: 46mg
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    bump for later
  • Bump
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Got to check out these recipes!.Bump
  • ksb0602
    ksb0602 Posts: 25 Member
    bump!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Undoubtedly the best chicken tacos you'll ever have are made in a crockpot.

You'll need 1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I used thighs; they're cheaper), 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Dump all three ing. into crockpot. Stir, if you're into that sort of thing. And then set your timer to low. You can do this with frozen or thawed chicken.

Here's the original recipe: http://mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

I dare you not to stand over the crockpot, eating it straight outta-the-pot with a fork!!

This ^^^^
    Thanks I am making this tomorrow :flowerforyou: