Thought I knew it all..... but I don't

Options
Hello all. Today is the first day I realized that I don't know everything about eating healthy and working out. I have slowly gotten out of shape, and now its causing alot of problems in my life and career. I suffered an injury about a year ago. Since then I have been very limited on what physical activity I can do, but do you think my eating habits changed. NO! So hence the bigger belly. I am notorous for not staying motivated with eating more healthy and watching my protions. Im a souther boy so I like to eat, but before I injured my back I was active enough to stay in some kind of shape. Now the only shape I am in is ROUND!. SO hopefull with this web site and all of you I will be able to stay focused and slowly work my way back to health. SO if there is anyone out there that is willing and able to be a great motivator, I would love to be your friend. Let the journey begin....

Replies

• Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You totally got this!!! This site and the people here are AMAZING!!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You totally got this!!! This site and the people here are AMAZING!!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This site is great! You will find tons of support and motivation! Good luck!!
  • MsLongWalker
    MsLongWalker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Round is a great shape, if you're a beach ball ;-) Add me, keep in touch. If you need cooking tips or anything let me know, I have been making strides in the healthy cooking department lately and can't wait to help people troubleshoot their kitchens :)
  • bulldog4life
    Options
    Thanks for the support.....
  • rosieraven
    rosieraven Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm from California, born and raised, but my dad's family is from the South and back east, so we definitely know how to eat. >.< Some common foods I tend to make are steak and mashed potatoes, fried chicken, baked macaroni and cheese... Not at ALL healthy! I'm working on new recipes (I'm trained as a chef) and I hope to be able to share them with you guys, and maybe get ideas for new recipes, either from something you've tried, or something you'd like to try! I'm SO EXCITED about this site, and finally having the motivation to get off my butt and get to business!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    There are some awesome, helpful people here.
    And the site is certainly a great help.
    You CAN do it!!!
    I'd be happy to be a part of your support system.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Bulldog, and welcome! Feel free to add me as your friend. I'm not from the south but my dad's peeps are from Louisiana (yum) amd my moms peeps are from the Carribean (double yum) lots of rice and beans in my diet! Ha. Good thing is there are a lot of low calorie alternatives that still taste great. Just not for etoufee (p?) but that's okay.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm a great with support!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah . . and I know about injuies, I have a herniated disc ans suffered from sciatica. You just need to get very in tuned with your body and not over do it. If you have gone to PT then those excersizes are very effective in building strength and muscle to support your vulnerable spots. Remember what your therapist told you and do those excercises most days of the week.
  • starzluv94
    starzluv94 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I can tell you this is the best site I have signed up for. It helps to keep my health off the back burner. Feel free to add me. And good luck!
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options
    welcome and congrats for taking the first step :) What I love abt MFP is it makes me hold myself accountable and it makes me really think ok is that twix worth logging it in my diary. Just chose people to friend that will most help you on your journey. when i first joined i admit i was half a@@ with all of it but after about a month hiatus due to an EF5 Im back and more determined. You...We can do this and weve got an amazing support system here.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    you can friend my and join our 10 lb July challange if you would like. what are your limitations if you don't mind me asking.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! Lots of us who are round, becoming less round and many amazing people who have kicked round to the curb!

Southern born and raised over here too. It was either fried or sweet! :-) But I did also learn to love fresh veggies so that part worked out!

I know you will grow to love lean meat without any breading!

Count me in as a friend!

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Good luck ! Welcome. Sending a friend request. It helps having motivation on the boards for support.