Whole 30: 2016 Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If still too runny for your taste, you could try adding some arrowroot powder (like cornstarch but compliant).
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 24 of my second whole30. I added you! Best of luck!
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Brithicks wrote: »
    did you use an immersion blender? And full fat coconut milk in a can? Those are the two things that I have heard make the biggest impact.

Yeah I do both those things. I'll try the arrowroot powder thanks!
  • brittanyohhh
    brittanyohhh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started whole30 yesterday June 1st as well. So far so good. I'm enjoying being creative with what I eat. I'm looking for nice people to talk to to help me stay motivated. Best of luck!
  • Hoooooooooo
    Hoooooooooo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this discussion! My physiotherapist has challenged me to the 30 days and I started yesterday.
    I am going to miss dairy and my protein powder the most.
    I live in New Zealand so don't have all the same products as USA.

Good luck everyone.
  • Lmcurun
    Lmcurun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started my second round of whole 30 on May 24th, along with a couple more of my MFP friends. Feel free to add!
  • midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started whole30 yesterday June 1st as well. So far so good. I'm enjoying being creative with what I eat. I'm looking for nice people to talk to to help me stay motivated. Best of luck!

I started on the 1st as well! So far my only temptation has been cheese... but I hear the craving fades. Hopefully that's true!
  • Laura_Helen
    Laura_Helen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the book now and am starting this Sunday. I'm very excited and interested to see what happens... I've got my mom, fiance, sister, aunt, cousin, cousin's fiance all doing it with me!! My cousin and I are headed to the Farmer's Market on Saturday to stock on fresh produce!!
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So is anyone doing this right now? Ive done one before and am just looking for people even just online to be accountable and just share in the process.
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 22 today, been a journey not sure how much weight I have lost. Dying to get on the scale next Tuesday and find out. I have enjoyed it but I am ready for coffee cream and to have some normal foods fit in my calorie allowance. This was more or less a personal challenge I set. I have learned a lot about what I can live without and will certainly take some of that with me going forward!
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Brithicks wrote: »
    I am completing day 29! I feel so good that I am planning on continuing indefinitely... with wine. I will also enjoy a treat every so often without feeling bad. Before this whole 30, I was out of control. My dad passed away in October and I allowed myself to be comforted by food... like donuts and ice cream and french fries. I was not going a day or even a meal without dessert. I cut down on added sugar for 2 weeks before I felt ready to go full force into the whole 30. It has been such a good thing for me. I am so ready to have a glass of wine in another 2 days, but otherwise, I am mostly ready to just keep on keeping on.

I am so sorry for your loss!!!! I know exactly how you feel! I lost my dad a year and a half ago and have tried to stuff down my pain with food. He lived with me for the last 8 years of his life and I took care of him. He was my first love and I dreaded losing him. I thought I would never recover. I wouldn't say that I ever will be over it but I am healing and know that overeating doesn't help anything and food really isn't that comforting. Back on a primal whole 30 way of eating starting yesterday and feel hopeful.
    Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday...so nervous, but excited too! Would love to read stories or befriend anyone who can offer encouragement. I think I'm most worried about sugar...not even for like desserts, but in cooking.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I thought the point of Whole 30 was to recognize food sensitivities, not for weight loss? Either way, anything that makes you feel like this is not for me:

n3ub8iiqxyeo.png
  • SharGetsHealthy
    SharGetsHealthy Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow morning. I'm really hoping that I can stick to it. I did South Beach for a month and felt fabulous.The only real big difference between the first two weeks of that and this program is no dairy on the Whole 30. I will miss my cheese as it was a go to snack for me.
  • Jan3D
    Jan3D Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just started my 2nd Whole 30 on the June 20th after doing the first one about a year ago. Lost 9 lbs. Went on a retreat on Day 31, so didn't do the 10 day food reintroduction, which defeats the purpose.

This round I've already lost 7 lbs in 4 days - I'm sure that was a lot of water weight, but can totally see it in my face and my skin is starting to glow. My goal is 30 more lbs off before Thanksgiving. I'm choosing to make this a lifestyle, and commit to the reintroduction so I can learn how different foods affect me. Then design a lifestyle that allows me to maintain my new weight and feel amazing. This program teaches you to nourish yourself with so much nutritious food, I'm focusing on all the wonderful foods I can eat, rather than what is off limits. Love the healthy full fats, and most of all, not counting calories! Please add me to this group!
  • brighteststitcher
    brighteststitcher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 of my whole thirty (half way!) and I'm feeling pretty great. I was a little bummed that I wasn't getting the same results of my last one, just the initial drop in lbs from cutting out most carbs, so I added in IF and saw another quick drop. You're actually not supposed to weigh yourself during the thirty days, but I'm not going 100% this time. After the (pretty) strict thirty days, I'm transitioning to paleo with occasional treats. I've just found its the "diet" that works best for me. Counting calories turns obsessive and goes towards old disordered eating patterns. I've gotten over the cravings and the sugar detox and I haven't gotten the Tiger Blood yet, but I'm feeling pretty great.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    >No legumes
    >psychologically unhealthy foods

Wow.
  • Jan3D
    Options
    12th Day of Whole30 and have lost 8 lbs. went out to dinner on Friday and a girls night Last night and had no problem staying on plan. (usually I would have had alcohol or gone off plan). i drank sparkling water with lime in a wine glass and didn't miss a beat. It was super easy to order salmon grilled with olive oil, steamed vegies no butter and salad with oil and vinegar when out to dinner. At girls night i enjoyed fresh fruit and skipped the chips cheese and crackers. Very rewarding to see the scale deop another pound! I can make this a lifestyle after reintroduction... Woop!
  • Jan3D
    Options
    Haha, just realized I am "cheating" by weighing myself! I'm also enjoying Califia unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk in my coffee. It is caresgeenan free and compliant! Yes! This food plan is making me very happy. Doesn't feel like a diet. This is my new normald and for the first time in decades I have every confidence that this time I will reach a healthy weight , sray there, and enjoy my life.