Fitness Watches

Options
In an effort to help motivate me and track my journey..... I'm looking at investing in a fitness-smart watch. I'm looking for advice.
FitBit - Blaze, Surge etc
Garmin - VivoActive etc.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Fenix 3. :smile:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    What advice do you want?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Fenix 3. :smile:

:+1: but get the HR model and love, love it.

Of course it's $600 so the OP needs to be specific on his budget and what activities he/she plans on doing with the watch.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Happy with my Blaze but there are many new one that are tailored to specific types of activities. I always run, ride or walk with my phone so I didn't need the GPS. I also noticed that when I was in a city with tall building my phone GPS worked but my sisters fitness watch GPS couldn't get a lock.
  • buddymeadows5
    buddymeadows5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was just released on June 10th. So far i have no complaints on mine. Very useful, comfortable and stylish. It also has GPS on it to be able to track distance instead of just steps. A lot of the others require you to be linked to a phone for distance. Not as expensive as others either! Which is always a plus! Good luck on your search!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivoactive in white with an extra white leather band. I love it but i am having to sell it because it bothers my wrist. Sad because it's great and does everything..
  • carolgrn
    carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Polar A360 if you want to use it in the water
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbits! I've had 2 now, and love that I can work on daily or weekly challenges with others who are on my list. They keep me motivated. I have had both the flex and the Charge HR, Caveat here is that the Charge HR is not very accurate on HR levels, but does track other items I love like sleep patterns and stairs. I can use both of them in water also.
  • JenNoel
    JenNoel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin VivoActive. I call it the poor man's iWatch. I customized it with different colored bands and skin. The charge lasts a long time, 1-2 weeks. I love that it's waterproof.
  • Mamii912
    Mamii912 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and love it. I like that you can change the look with different bands and frames. It's water resistant but not waterproof. That's okay with me since I don't swim. I also really like that you can view your incoming calls and text.
  • TMercy
    TMercy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the surge and I love it. It's very addictive but motivating mostly.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am now lost without my Apple watch
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin 220. I have a Microsoft Band as well, which I also like, however the display is better on the Garmin and the Garmin HRM is more useful as it shows and tracks HR at 1 second intervals where the Band seems to average it out each minute. I like the workouts on the Band though.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Top Choice:
    Garmin VivoActive HR.
    It's a Ant+ GPS, activity tracker, Sleep tracker, and has an internal HR monitor for all day HR readings.... Swimming, Runing and Cycling Watch. IT's ANT+ connected so you can pair external Sensors and it's Bluetooth connected so you can livetrack and use Garmins ConnectIQ.

Second Choice:
    VivoActive HR+
    It's a GPS Activity Tracker. Sleep Tracker and has an Internal HR monitor for all day readings. However this one is much smaller and slimmer than the VivoActive HR.

Third Choice
    Forerunner 15
    I bought my wife a Garmin Forerunner 15 and she LOVES it. Everything a basic running watch needs. with Activity Tracker and Sleep monitoring. But this one is a Running Watch first, and an activity tracker second.

I personally use the VivoSmart HR, I bought it before the above two came out.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and love it. Despite what many people have said, every time I've checked it, my heart rate is no less/more than 5 beats off. Most times its spot on. Even during heavy cardio.more than I can say for my exercise bike lol. That's usually off by 30 or more.
  • hoteyes1
    hoteyes1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin vivoactive hr, it doesn't dissapoint at all. You should check out some YouTube videos make some comparisons
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr. I bought this model thinking I would get use out of the heart rate monitor, but since I primarily strength train I don't. It depends on what you do as far as workouts, but for me...I really could've gone with a cheaper Fitbit. It's great and I absolutely love it, but it was overkill for what I do.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »

Same!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I started off with the fitbit zip and now have the Alta which I'm sticking with, i love it! The only exercise I do is walking, so it'd be a waste of time for me to get a HR monitor.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »

Same!!

Yup me too, love my Apple watch. The workout tracking is not super sophisticated but the general activity tracking is great and I combine it with Runkeeper (phone) if I need intervals etc for runs.
    I always carry my phone when I run (for music/books/safety) so the combo works well for me.