High Protein low calorie breakfast on the go

Options
Mper717
Mper717 Posts: 1 Member
My morning starts at 4am and I'm breastfeeding so mornings are hectic because there's tons to do before I can get to work. I need something quick where I can either grab and go OR sit and eat and it won't take more then 10 minutes to cook and eat. I've done shakes and fruits and veggies but I'm a savory eater. Too many sweets makes me physically ill.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Like...meat. And protein bars.
  • djmrg
    djmrg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quick egg scramble with veggies and some turkey patty
  • MattysMommy0525
    MattysMommy0525 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs on the weekend that way I have them ready to grab and go during the week. Either for a quick meal 2 or 3 or 1 for a snack. Cheese sticks, baby bel cheese or smoked almonds are so good good but pre-bag them so you don't eat too many.
  • miconsumafuoco
    miconsumafuoco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mini-frittatas-recipe.html

I make a batch of these on Sundays and keep them in the fridge. Instead of cheese and ham I load mine up on veggies, but you can use all kinds of things in them. Stick a couple in the microwave for a minute, grab and go.

I'm seriously going to make these! Thanks! High protein, low calorie breakfast has been rough for me too. I messed up the other morning and made what I thought was a healthy yogurt. Turns out flax and Chia seeds have a lot of fat and calories!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I suggest you take a tip from baby and drink a glass of whole milk. The great thing about milk is that it provides a very balanced start to the day. By the way when you are breastfeeding I don't think you should drink skimmed or low fat versions of any dairy product. Baby needs fat to build a brain. (sorry if I sound like a preacher here and I'm sure you've talked your diet through with your doctor anyway.)
    I make milkshakes in the summer and porridge in the winter. Banana, melon and oats add potassium, VitA and fibre. But I also take a multi vitamin while on my strict diet. Milkshakes are about 200 cals.
    I'm assuming that as you are still breastfeeding you're on a pretty gentle diet, so I'd also suggest a wholemeal snack at 'normal' breakfast time. Toast?
  • hawksfan881972
    hawksfan881972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 2 hard boiled eggs in the morning, but those frittatas sound great. I think those are in my future.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    how about greek yogurt and fruit maybe with a little granola or cereal
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mini-frittatas-recipe.html

I make a batch of these on Sundays and keep them in the fridge. Instead of cheese and ham I load mine up on veggies, but you can use all kinds of things in them. Stick a couple in the microwave for a minute, grab and go.

This sounds amazing and simple - I am going to try this route de suite -- thanks!!
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oops... Toute de suite, I meant. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Breakfast burritos take 5 minutes to make. Or you can make a bunch on week ends and freeze them and pop them in the microwave in the morning (but really... just as fast to make one from scratch).

Or a big bowl of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with fruit.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I buy precooked chicken-breast strips and throw it in the frying pan with a little spray. After a bit of time I toss in an egg or two. I had this for breakfast today and had 29g protein for 225cal. Makes up pretty quick since the chicken isn't raw. You can keep diced (or prepackaged) vegetables in the freezer to add in as well.
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Did somebody say savory?

Machaca con Huevos!

2 eggs (scramble)
    2oz of pot roast beef (shredded)
    2tbsp salsa
    If you like it hothothot, add a dash of crushed red pepper and black pepper.

Heat up the beef, add salsa, push to one half the pan.
    Add eggs, move them around until mostly done cooking, then mix the two halves together and serve.

243c
    12g fat
    417g cholesterol
    335g sodium
    384mg Potassium
    2g carbs
    3g sugars
    29g protein
    Vitamin A, C, Calcium and Iron.

Prep time 2 minutes (5 if you're half asleep)
    Cook time: 5-7 minutes (depending on how thin you shred the beef - I always shred thin, so it cooks up faster)

Serves one, because you won't want to share - at all. :wink:
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always have eggs with lean meat of some sort. I need recipes for protien snacks. My oatmeal "protien bars" are really not that good for me... sad day.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    low fat unflavoured greek yoghut-1 cup plus 1 cup berries.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake Latte - I don't eat food until the middle of the day - but a vanilla protein shake in a stiff cup of coffee with a little half and half is heaven... Premier protein has 30 grams of protein and only 4 carbs - a good heavy hit of protein without too many calories.
  • missmatch76
    missmatch76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For all of you lovin' on the little frittatas, I made them once months ago and my muffin tin STILL isn't egg free. Use paper cases - that's my advice :smiley:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    For all of you lovin' on the little frittatas, I made them once months ago and my muffin tin STILL isn't egg free. Use paper cases - that's my advice :smiley:

That's why I make a big one and cut it into pieces. I hate cleaning the egg out!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Consider making freezer breakfast burritos or freezer breakfast sandwiches.

Breakfast Burritos. I make them for the family with ole wellness wraps, sometimes egg whites, sometimes full eggs, always a ton of veggies, 2% cheese, and center cut bacon or lean sausage. They tend to be just about 200 calories for a pretty good sized burrito. I typically just flash freeze them, but the parchment is great.

Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches