Any good PORK CHOP recipes???

Options
Pretty pathetic that I am already thinking of dinner ,huh? Its only 8:50a.m.

:laugh:

I am just trying to plan out the food for my day, I have to plan ahead OR ELSE!!!!!

Replies

• ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Pretty pathetic that I am already thinking of dinner ,huh? Its only 8:50a.m.

:laugh:

I am just trying to plan out the food for my day, I have to plan ahead OR ELSE!!!!!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy spray frying pan with light cooking spray sautee onions and hot peppers and add pork chops...yummy...
    or marinate pork chops in fat free italian dressing ( and I cook them on the forman grill)
    I also think you could throw them in the crockpot with diet dr,pepper, 1/2 c ketchup and a chop onion...
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy spray frying pan with light cooking spray sautee onions and hot peppers and add pork chops...yummy...
    or marinate pork chops in fat free italian dressing ( and I cook them on the forman grill)
    I also think you could throw them in the crockpot with diet dr,pepper, 1/2 c ketchup and a chop onion...

I LOVE pork-that Diet DR Pepper thing sounds good....have to try!
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options

crockpot recipe sounds good. i will do that tomorrow....just a can of diet dr. p? or more?
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Last night my Honey made us "not fried...fried pork chops" They were so good I think that we will make them this way whenever we want that Fried yumminess taste. He used boneless pork loin chops, egg whites for dipping and coated them with corn flakes and baked them for 40 minutes or so. They even got that kind of crusty taste on the bottom. He did say that next time we should flip them so they are kind of crusty on both sides. Now while this isn't the lowest calorie way to eat a pork chop it was so incredibly tasty and it satisfied the "I want to be bad and eat something fried" in me. Calories: 308 Carbs: 15 Fat: 10 Protein: 38 Sodium: 422. I stayed in line with my goals for the day and I had that fried food satisfaction cured. I kind of felt like...."I can do this....there are tasty foods that are healthier and still really yummy" :bigsmile: So KUDOS to my guy for cooking and thinking up healthier choices for us. :love:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Cut it into strips and stir fry it.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We had this the other night, so good! We couldn't get hoisin sauce at our grocery store, so we substituted that with a spicy black bean sauce that we found with the other Asian sauces and foods, but it was very good!

Chinese Barbecued Pork Chops

Serves: 4 Prep: 8min|Cook: 17min |Total: 25min

1/3 cup tomato sauce
    1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
    4 boneless center-cut pork chops (4 ounces each), trimmed

Directions
    1. Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler. 2. In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sherry, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until reduced to a syrupy consistency. Set aside. 3. Meanwhile, grill or broil the pork chops 4" from the heat for 8 minutes, turning once. Continue to cook, brushing with the reserved sauce and turning occasionally, for 3 minutes longer, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a chop registers 160°F and the juices run clear.

Recipe Notes
    Hoisin sauce, also called Peking sauce, is a sweet and spicy, thick, reddish-brown sauce made of soybeans, garlic, chile peppers, and various spices. Keep it refrigerated once opened.

Nutritional Facts per serving
    CALORIES 183.2 CAL
    FAT 5.8 G
    SATURATED FAT 1.9 G
    CHOLESTEROL 47.8 MG
    SODIUM 405.8 MG
    CARBOHYDRATES 10.7 G
    TOTAL SUGARS 5.6 G
    DIETARY FIBER 0.8 G
    PROTEIN 20 G
  • janebo
    janebo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new recipe. It sounds delicious!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Last night my Honey made us "not fried...fried pork chops" They were so good I think that we will make them this way whenever we want that Fried yumminess taste. He used boneless pork loin chops, egg whites for dipping and coated them with corn flakes and baked them for 40 minutes or so. They even got that kind of crusty taste on the bottom. He did say that next time we should flip them so they are kind of crusty on both sides. Now while this isn't the lowest calorie way to eat a pork chop it was so incredibly tasty and it satisfied the "I want to be bad and eat something fried" in me. Calories: 308 Carbs: 15 Fat: 10 Protein: 38 Sodium: 422. I stayed in line with my goals for the day and I had that fried food satisfaction cured. I kind of felt like...."I can do this....there are tasty foods that are healthier and still really yummy" :bigsmile: So KUDOS to my guy for cooking and thinking up healthier choices for us. :love:

I did something similar to this but with whole grain crushed Ritz crackers and a little seasoning salt (I got carried away with that last night) and I just rinsed the pork in water then coated with crackers. I need to try the flipping thing....
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just one can of soda....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I've done that too but when I've flipped them seems I lose some of the breading so I just serve them crunchy side up on the plate!!
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    brown your pork chops on all sides before you cook them that way they stay juicy :wink:
    i saute an onion and some garlic in a nonstick pan with just a little olive oil. add a can on tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. add the same amount of water.
    1/2 tsp allspice,
    1/2 tsp saffron
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    black pepper and salt
    place your browned pork chops into the pan
    heat through on low. YUM

Amount Per Serving 1 chop out of 6

Calories 206.5

Total Fat 11.1 g

Saturated Fat 3.8 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2 g

Monounsaturated Fat 4.9 g

Cholesterol 59.2 mg

Sodium 87.0 mg

Potassium 509.3 mg

Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g

Dietary Fiber 0.8 g

Sugars 0.8 g

Protein 21.5 g
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    http://www.recipezaar.com/Delicious-Easy-Asian-Glazed-Pork-Steaks-Or-Chicken-134655

Incredibly moist and yummy - I use lean center loin cut pork chops to cut back on fat. Great with roasted broccoli and a bit of brown rice.
  • Bignina
    Bignina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cider Pork Chops

1/2 C. Flour
    1 Tbsp Salt
    1/4 Tsp Pepper
    4 - 1" Pork Chops (can use thinner chops)
    3 Tbsp Butter (divided)
    4 Granny Apples peeled & thinly sliced
    1C. Raisins ( Optional)
    1C. Splenda Brown Sugar
    1C. Apple Cider or Apple Juice
    Combine flour,salt & pepper in ziploc bag. Add chops, shake bag to coat and set pork chops on plate. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in skillet, add chops and cook 5 mins each side or until brown. Set aside. Spray a 13 X 9 baking dish with Pam. Place 1/2 the apples in bottom of pan, sprinkle 1/2 raisins and brown sugar on top of apples, add pork chops and place the other 1/2 of remaining ingredients on top of pork chops. Drizzle apple cider / juice over top and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
    Can use boneless or bone in chops. :wink:
  • jukramer
    jukramer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle meat with salt, then cover both sides with an equal part maixtureof cumin and cinnamon. Cook in a little bit of olive oil in a pan (grilling is best, but I'm in Chicago right now!) until cooked through. So simple, but it tastes really good.
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There is a great recipe on the back of Shake and Bake. You coat the chops with Grey Poupon, add rosemary to the shake and bake crumbs, coat chops. They are soo good!
    :smooched:
    Also they have a recipe to go with it for potatoes. Dice up potatoes and mix with Light Done Right Italian Dressing. Microwave for 7 min. (stirring once) and put in pan with chops to cook with them.
    The whole meal is about 500 cal. REALLY good. Whole family loved it!:happy:
  • whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm new and didn't read all of the posts here but, this is what I do:

Dip thick pork chops in buttermilk or Lt. Ranch salad dressing. Then dip in seasoned bread crumbs. Add some salt & pepper if you'd like. Then I put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pan and fry them up. They end up really juicy with lots of flavor.

Oh yea - I also add sliced onions to the pan too. YUMMO!!! Love grilled onions!!