The Last 10 Pounds -_-

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Hannah, and next year I will be a freshman in college, where I will major in Nursing. However, starting my freshman year of high school I was extremely over weight and I am still 5'0-5'1 ft. tall. My sophomore year of high school I joined this community and asked for help on eating, and exercise and y'all really helped me. I made an effort to eat healthy, and exercise to loose the weight, and I lost around 25 pounds, (starting weight was 145). For my junior year I kept up the cardio, didn't loose anything but my body stayed at 123 pounds, and would never go down. Towards the end of my senior year, I got involved in this weight training/cross fit class, and today I am continuing doing weight training and some cardio.
I have been in the same weight range of 118-123, and my original goal is to weigh around 110-112 pounds. I don't really know what I am doing wrong! I am eating healthy, exercising regularly, and I tend to loose weight (going to 118) and gain weight (going up to 123) very easily (and I am not weighing myself everyday, this would be maybe once or twice a week). I don't want to look anorexic skinny, but I would like a flat stomach because I have been wanting to reach my goal of a flat stomach since I was in middle school, because right now, my stomach is pretty big.
Anyway so if anyone wants to help here is a summary:
I am 5'0-5'1
I have the mesomorph body type, meaning i gain weight and loose weight easily but i've been (118-123 for years)

If anyone has any suggestions, that'll be great! <3

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If your goal is a flat stomach, maybe you should focus on a recomp and body fat% instead of a number on a scale. Google "body recomposition" and let us know if this is the kind of thing you'd like to do.
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating, and have you been adjusting your caloric intake along with your weight loss?
    I'm on my last 10lbs as well, and I've recently broke through my plateau so I might be able to help you out.
  • hannah12343
    hannah12343 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tbh I haven't been counting my calories all that often because I really have been eating the same thing for a while. I usually try to do 1,200-1,500 a day, but yet again i haven't counted in a while
  • hannah12343
    Options
    How many calories are you eating, and have you been adjusting your caloric intake along with your weight loss?
    I'm on my last 10lbs as well, and I've recently broke through my plateau so I might be able to help you out.

how did you do it!!!
    Thanks!
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options

how did you do it!!!
    Thanks!

The last 10lbs are (as I'm sure you know and heard) the most difficult, so I would recommend tracking your macros. Calculate how many calories you should be eating here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ (try for around a 250cal deficit, smaller is best when you're close to your goal weight)

Track and weigh everything for at least a few weeks and see how your body responds. If you really want to lose those last few vanity pounds I really suggest weighing/tracking consistently every day. Personally what made me break through my plateau was 1. drinking enough water, 2. tracking/weighing everything consistently, and 3. lifting/20 min of HIIT at least 5 days a week. Before I started tracking I wasn't eating nearly enough, so now I try really hard to hit between 1300-1400 every day. It'll be really slow progress but keep consistent! :)

If after a few weeks you find your weight still hasn't budged, maybe look into adding an additional 100-200 calories in and see how your body responds. It's all about trial and error, if you're patient and determined, you'll find what works for you.
  • hannah12343
    Options

how did you do it!!!
    Thanks!

The last 10lbs are (as I'm sure you know and heard) the most difficult, so I would recommend tracking your macros. Calculate how many calories you should be eating here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ (try for around a 250cal deficit, smaller is best when you're close to your goal weight)

Track and weigh everything for at least a few weeks and see how your body responds. If you really want to lose those last few vanity pounds I really suggest weighing/tracking consistently every day. Personally what made me break through my plateau was 1. drinking enough water, 2. tracking/weighing everything consistently, and 3. lifting/20 min of HIIT at least 5 days a week. Before I started tracking I wasn't eating nearly enough, so now I try really hard to hit between 1300-1400 every day. It'll be really slow progress but keep consistent! :)

If after a few weeks you find your weight still hasn't budged, maybe look into adding an additional 100-200 calories in and see how your body responds. It's all about trial and error, if you're patient and determined, you'll find what works for you.

Thank you so much! I will defiantly try this when I get back from the beach this week, I've tried everything so I bet this will work! I'll keep y'all updated