17 Day Diet

Options
I am almost a month into this and I haven't lost much. I had an original weight loss but then gained some back. The scale hasn't budged. I am well, not feeling the best. So... I was wondering if anyone has done the 17 day diet at all? It is basically just veggies/lean meat so nothing new. Any pro's... con's...? I don't need to hear that going on a diet... I will gain all of the weight back story. I know the risk of going on a diet. I just wanted to try something to rev up a weight loss.

Any other diet ideas? Let me know!

Replies

• stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There is actually a thread on here about the 17 day diet. Supportive people on there.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I started it back in April and really like it. Lately I have been straying from the "plan" but when I am on it I lose weight consistantly.
  • beth651
    beth651 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I believe the best diet is eating right and getting plenty of exercise and it is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix if it is really going to work and to be something that is lasting.
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have you investigated the Dukan diet? High Protein, low fat, no bread.... it has helped me get a jump start.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The 17 day diet is not just a fad diet, the book teaches you about eating right and what foods you should eat to help with weight loss.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you are eating to much sodium. Try lowering it down to 1500 mg a day. Also I had to gut my carbs down a lot to start losing. Now I try and stay below 1500 mgs of sodium and around 100 in carbs.

The 17 days diet is just healthy diet but it changes every 17 days.... basically like zig zagging calories. No processed foods.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you are eating to much sodium. Try lowering it down to 1500 mg a day. Also I had to gut my carbs down a lot to start losing. Now I try and stay below 1500 mgs of sodium and around 100 in carbs.

The 17 days diet is just healthy diet but it changes every 17 days.... basically like zig zagging calories. No processed foods.

I believe that I usually stay under 1500 mg of sodium with the occasional mis step. IE - When I had Chipolte on Saturday.
  • hunnylover2
    Options
    I've reached a plateau on the 17 day diet. On Wednesday, which would have been day 10 of Cycle 1, was the last day I saw any real weight loss. Mind you, I have lost 17.6 lbs so far during those 16 days. Any suggestions on how to revamp the weight loss??
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! there are a group of ladies doing it here on campus. i so not see any major weight loss and I found it very boring!! Best wishes to you!
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    bump
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a month only lost 3 pounds and was majorly constipated to the point I became ill. I went off it and decided to try the Eat Clean Plan by Tosca Reno and the weight has started to come off at a nice pace and I feel so much better! I am done with "fad diets" it's time for a lifestyle change I can stick to for life!
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My coworker did and has lost 30 pounds so far. He is at the last cycle now. He said initially he lost 15 and had to go back to cycle 1 to lose 15 more. I read the whole book and does not sound like a fad diet at all, it IS a life style change. That's what it promotes and teaches you how to get there.