Chest Shaved, Trimmed, or Hairy?! Any Gender Question!

Options
Salpica
Salpica Posts: 205 Member
As I've stated in the topic, this is an any gender question.

Guys- What do you prefer? What have you tried? Or is this something that will never happen in your lifetime? Have you ever even thought about it and just don't know the best way to go about it? I'd love to hear your experiences

Girls- How do you prefer your man to have his chest? What does your man do? Do you even give two sh!ts? And no, if you shave your chest I do not need to know. If you have any interesting stories about it then it'd be cool to hear!

Personally I started trimming/shaving my chest in the last couple of months. I like the look of it better than w/ hair and my wife likes the way it feels better too. So it's a win/win for me. I've generally used a beard trimmer to get it real short, but I've NEVER contemplated using a razor. I get the stigma that it will grow back thicker and more coarse.

I did decide to give Nair a try tonight and it burns. It's smooth as hell though, but I think the big test will be tomorrow when I see if I break out from it. I've heard a bunch of mixed reactions to it but I've got to give it a try atleast.

Replies

• rickydeuce
    rickydeuce Posts: 80
    Options
    As the hair left my head, it fell onto my chest! Not a lot, just enough.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against it, back hair can be sort of embarrasing. But truthfully, my wife likes my hairy chest, and I just don't think I have the time or patience to trim all my body hair, it starts at my ankles and ends at my neck.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    NOT shaved...um, OW! It's not pleasant or natural. I think chest hair is sexy as long as it's tamed. LOL
  • Brianne61292
    Brianne61292 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend had a good bit of chest hair, I like it that way. I think that some chest hair is more manly.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have always loved a trimmed chest....manskaping is definitely a must....
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Growing up I hated hair but when I got with my first boyfriend he had a full chest of hair and it grew on me. I'm not bothered now...either or is fine.
  • Salpica
    Options
    I have nothing against it, back hair can be sort of embarrasing. But truthfully, my wife likes my hairy chest, and I just don't think I have the time or patience to trim all my body hair, it starts at my ankles and ends at my neck.

Oh God, I couldn't imagine trimming all of my body hair. I'm like Ricky though, the more that leaves my head, the more that ends up on my chest.
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I kind of like a little bit of a hairy chest...but not a crazy amount! LOL It's gotta be right on, perfect amount for me. I hope you're "Nair" experience goes better than what I've tried on my legs before...that stuff is leathal!!! Will never try it again!! Watch out for the ingrowns...just saying...and good luck!
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    Options
    I personally do not like hairy chests or backs. If there is a tiny bit of hair, it's ok, but anything more than a few sparse hairs, and it grosses me out.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't mind either way... but I do mind the growing out of shaving - it's prickly for a few days and that's not nice!!
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    I prefer little hair, I once dated a guy that was chewbacca and it didnt work for me at all. My fiance now doesnt need to- as he is randomly hairless on his chest with the exception of about 20 randomly placed ones. However, if you want to get it short, but not necessarily shaved- try a venus bikini trimmer- they are a razor but have a guard on it- just like a barbers, it wont make it completely gone, but nicely trimmed
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband does not shave his chest and I am really glad he doesn't. He is a red head and is not overly hairy so it is not creepy looking or anything in my opinion. I have always been more attracted to gentleman with a little 'gruff'. If you are completely hair less I have a tendency to compare you to a 12 year old boy. Plus, when the hair starts to grow back it is all prickly and that is not attractive. However (maybe I am just being picky here), but if you are covered from head to toe in thick black hair then I would probably understand if you wanted to tame it a little.

P.S. Nair... owie:noway:
  • Salpica
    Options
    I hope you're "Nair" experience goes better than what I've tried on my legs before...that stuff is leathal!!! Will never try it again!! Watch out for the ingrowns...just saying...and good luck!

My wife said the same thing to me. I'm hopefully combating any issues by using lotion on my chest for the next few days. I should have just "tested" it, but I decided to jump in head first.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    NOT shaved...um, OW! It's not pleasant or natural. I think chest hair is sexy as long as it's tamed. LOL

I agree, as long as it's tamed.... but I don't dig back hair :/
  • Amuggsy78
    Amuggsy78 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In general, I prefer men smooth. But if waxing is not feasable, then I certainly like close trimmed better than the furry look. But not smooth shaved. It's prickly when it grows back! My husband actually has very little chest hair but I would still prefer him trimmed. He just doesn't agree.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    My husband has chest hair and I personally LOVE it! I agree..it makes him more manly:)
  • r3451
    r3451 Posts: 19
    Options
    Genetics has forced me into shaving my head so I don't look like the guy who works at Banana Republic and is trying too hard...

....yeah, you know the one....

But as for all points south...good God the work! Pass...
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Not much choice here.... the Native American blood in my veins keeps the chest naturally bare. It was tough going through highschool when the other guys were sprouting face pubes and such, and I was far behind, but now that I'm older, and no longer care about peer pressure, it's a good thing. I've found plenty of women prefer it smooth (as many prefer the hair).
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Not much choice here.... the Native American blood in my veins keeps the chest naturally bare. It was tough going through highschool when the other guys were sprouting face pubes and such, and I was far behind, but now that I'm older, and no longer care about peer pressure, it's a good thing. I've found plenty of women prefer it smooth (as many prefer the hair).

Haha im gonna look like a dork....by all my MFP friends since im so young(better not tease me!!!!) but....i dont really like all the hair.....call me crazy but...i like Smooth all the way! Just like PB!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    pb ellie really? Lol luckiky for me i'm not real hairy heck i'll be 34 in a couple weeks and i still cant grow a beard. My chest is smooth by nature and i like it that way