Daily meal plan for low carb diet?

Options
I am starting a diet and cutting carbs. What is an easy daily plan to stick with?

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could buy an Atkins or Dukin diet book and start there? Or try Pinterest and look up lo carb meal plans. Its hard to give you an "easy" daily plan when we dont know what food you like, or your culinary skills!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest! All you have to do is type in Low Carb and Wallah... Menu choices! My day starts with eggs, and currently on a turkey sausage kick. (Jennie O has precooked, just warm them up, choices) Lunch is Salad with boiled eggs, lots of veggies, and meat. I like chunks of meat and cheese in there. I'm all about balsamic vinegar- a little goes a long ways. Dinner is grilled everything! and wrap it in bacon! I like Cauliflower roasted in the oven. But... My all time fav is Jalepeno popper chicken. auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/01/low-carb-jalapeno-popper-chicken.html Best of luck to you on your journey.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to one of the low carb groups here on MFP: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of information there
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You can also google "low carb menus" or "low carb diet" and find hundreds of ideas. It always surprises me that people don't think to google what they are looking for, or look up on pinterest.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    You can also google "low carb menus" or "low carb diet" and find hundreds of ideas. It always surprises me that people don't think to google what they are looking for, or look up on pinterest.

It's not that people don't think to google, it's that sometimes it's nice to hear from real people what they actually do in the real world, rather than trusting a black & white recipe or a snazzy glamour shot on Pinterest.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice whole grain toast, 1 teaspoon butter, 1 piece of fruit

You may substitute 1 ounce of cheese for 1 egg, or substitute 1/2 cup Riccota or cottage cheese for both eggs.

Lunch: 4 ounces lean meat such as chicken breast or pork loin chop, 2 cups cooked non-starchy vegetables OR 4 cups raw non-starchy vegetables (i.e. salad), 1 teaspoon butter OR 2 tablespoons salad dressing.

Supper: 4 ounces lean meat, 3 cups cooked non-starchy vegetables OR 6 cups raw non-starchy vegetables, 1 teaspoon butter or 2 tablespoons salad dressing.

Does that help?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I breathe I'm hungry has meal plans for seven days, but that's based on her calorie count of 1400, not on your calorie count. http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/menu-plans-new

You can also enter your calorie goal at Eat This Much and then you can choose the kind of meal plan you want - low carb. https://www.eatthismuch.com/

I much prefer just having a general calorie goal for each meal so I can browse recipes and make what I want.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pick foods off this list. Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food. I often times have leftovers for breakfast or breakfast for dinner. Keep it simple!
    https://www.atkins.com/how-it-works/atkins-20/phase-1/low-carb-foods
  • babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Jrigby, I am thinking of trying low carb too due to health reasons. For quick meals, I have Been scrambling eggs or egg whites with mushrooms spinach etc, but to make it interesting I have been creating new recipes. My hubby ebtertaining my new mission has been filming the recipes.

https://youtu.be/Ijs74-vAS8k

This is one of my recipes. If you click on the pic, it takes you to a very short video. I have quite a few recipes that I can share, if you'd like some ideas. What I gave learnt is that planning is key....worst case always make sure you have eggs at home lol :) Good luck!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Made Caprese Chicken last night, very low in carbs and tasted excellent. Super easy to do. Took about 20-25 minutes. All you have to do is put a little olive oil in a pan, "fry" your boneless skinless chicken breast for6 minutes each side. Remove from pan. Put some balsamic vinegar in the pan, add minced garlic and grape tomatoes which have been halved. Cook til vinegar is reduced, about 5 minutes. Add basil and then put chicken back in the pan. Place slice of mozarella on each piece of chicken. Melt cheese, spoon tomatoes and sauce over chicken. Everyone loved it. Made it for the first time last night, definately will be making it again.

Later this week we are having Thai Red Curry Chicken, maybe tomorrow night. Looking forward to that also.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how low carb you want to go.
    When I did low carb I awhile back
    I started off by limiting the servings of carbs in bread, white potatoes, rice and pasta.
    Make any carbs you eat count , ie lots of non starchy veg , some veg like corn is higher in sugar and fruits like grapes , bananas etc are higher carb than say berries.
    Some meals like pasta bolognaise sub the pasta with butternut squash or zucchini noodles.
    Lean protein like chicken breast pair with a rich sauce and veggies
    Steak with mushrooms and tomatoes.
    Chilli con carne with cheese ( bigger portion no need for rice )
    Loads of ideas on Pinterest but remember to keep within your calorie goal to achieve Weight loss
    Good luck x
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Hot tea with splenda. Low carb protein shake.
    Lunch: 4 oz Tuna with mayo OR 2 oz sausage with omelet with non starchy vegetables and cheese
    Dinner: 4 oz Lean meat with non starchy vegetables

I don't snack. But sometimes I crave chocolate. I have low carb chocolate snacks from atkins.

I drink protein shake for breakfast because I'm not hungry in the morning, but if I don't have something I'm starving at lunch and will over eat. My protein shakes have 30 grams of protein.