When did people start actually noticing?

Options

Replies

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    When I changed my wardrobe all of a sudden everybody noticed. The cut of my new work pants is different somwhow that triggered it on an ongoing basis. I had alterated my old trousers three times already, but because they were what they had seen before in that colour/fabric it just does not always register that it is so much smaller.

Before that only a few people that either are very close ( husband and family) or do not see me very often (for instance a co-worker returning from maternity leave) noticed
  • romiangels
    romiangels Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    About the same 32lbs, I was passing by one of the departments at work and a girl called me and said I had been the topic of discussion among her and her friends due to my weight changes and asked me what I was doing..... It secretly felt sooooooo good :)
  • iserna12
    iserna12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my case at this point well i have lost in 2 weeks and 5 days 14.7 pounds but my goal is to lose another 45 pounds to be in my ideal weight
  • doterragirl713
    doterragirl713 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me it was 40 pounds.
    Other people who I see weekly aren't quite sure yet. They comment on my hair or my glasses, trying to figure out what's different.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Just had one person notice at 38lbs lost. But it was someone I don't see regularly. I guess those I see everyday don't notice the slow change?
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I think the clothing comments are HUGELY true. I wear scrubs for work and I also see those same people every day. I lost 20 pounds (obviously not overnight) but the day I wore a smaller scrub set, the compliments and comments came pouring in.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm on my "2nd round" of mpf meaning I gave it up for several years and gained back half of what I had lost.
    With my initial round, I lost 35lbs. It really wasn't until I had lost 25lbs or so that people started to comment. Even my husband didn't really notice until then as well.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Really don't know when they noticed. They started asking at about 25/30 pounds down. So many were worried about a possible illness causing the weight loss they didn't comment at all. Once word got out that the loss was intention and on purpose more people commented on their noticing. Most were disappointed when, upon their asking, I revealed my "secret".
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Haha no one noticed my 15 pound loss. Now that I've moved into maintenance and bought new clothes/ started indoor rock climbing and a fairly physical part-time job, people notice. I have lost inches and am seeing biceps etc. I think it might also be that people feel awkward. Last weekend I asked a few female friends about their jean size (looking to give some good jeans away that have become too big for me) and suddenly one friend goes: Yeah, you lost weight right, I thought you looked real tight! (Fun thing is, I didn't lose weight, only inches). Funny thing is, I felt awkward too, because I didn't want to insinuate some of them are heavier than me..
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've lost 47 and a few people have noticed, but most have not. It's pretty frustrating.
  • DarrellHodgeLog
    DarrellHodgeLog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's a percentage thing with me. Yes, I yoyo. It starts somewhere around 15% body fat. By the time I reach 10% or under, I have completed strangers commenting on my body. Funny thing is I never feel good about it myself.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My husband at 30 pounds. Sister earlier. Less than five pounds to normal bmi
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds everyone started commenting. Even people who did not know I was trying to lose. Now at around 30 pounds lost I even have people I haven't seen in a year plus commenting. It feels nice but clothing definitely plays a part. My usual style/old size people don't comment much but I wore a closer fitting top to work last night and was on cloud nine because of the comments. It helps keep me motivated. As someone who does not notice major changes like haircuts, different dye jobs ect I've tried to pay more attention to folks.
  • dalefromwisconsin
    dalefromwisconsin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was almost 350# so it took 50+ before people really began to notice.
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A few at 15 pounds, but I mostly began gaining recognition at 30.

Now I'm 50+ and get a lot of comments from old friends/relatives.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My running group pals just noticed this week - I'm 7 lbs down. Of course, they see me in my spandex running clothes :) I was having a bad day and their comments were motivating.
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    20lb. About 11% of my start weight.
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel soooooo much better!!! I've lost 17 pounds in 2 1/2 months and the only person who has noticed is my husband so I didn't believe him cause I thought he was just being nice. So, maybe people won't notice until I get smaller clothes
  • Kelin
    Kelin Posts: 49 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm down about 50lbs. People started noticing around the 35-40lb loss range. I know its noticeable but lots of people who I haven't seen in awhile do not comment on my weight loss. I think they are afraid to say something or draw attention to how heavy I was before. BUT... I'm not doing this to be noticed or for people to comment. I am doing this for myself and my children. 40 lbs to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!