When did people start actually noticing?

Options
13»

Replies

• tnuoci
    tnuoci Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    20 lbs. Because I was on the cusp of going down a size. No one has said anything now that I'm down just over 30. :) Good thing I'm doing it for myself/my health.
  • linziicb
    linziicb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 35 pounds and some people still don't notice unless they see a picture before. It makes you think that your not getting anywhere but I have a lot to lose so that's probably why. I can notice my shape has changed and clothes too big. I think all of a sudden people will see a big difference x
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was three stone lighter...42lbs i think. It was July when someone said it to me, I started in February.
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend notices almost immediately, because, I don't know, he's crazy observant or something. But I also notice almost immediately, because my face thins out very quickly. (The first things to change are my face and my back, which is great, but also kind of frustrating. :P )
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    There is a distinction between people noticing and people saying that they noticed. Some people don't want to say "hey - have you lost weight?" which implied that you're overweight to begin with. If they're wrong, they'll feel like bafoons, so they might be keeping their mouth shut until they're absolutely sure.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have people tell me that I look like I've lost weight even when I've gained. It sounds cool, but it's frustrating because it means that people can't actually tell when I've lost. They just think they can, probably because they know I'm trying.
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Haha no one noticed my 15 pound loss. Now that I've moved into maintenance and bought new clothes/ started indoor rock climbing and a fairly physical part-time job, people notice. I have lost inches and am seeing biceps etc. I think it might also be that people feel awkward. Last weekend I asked a few female friends about their jean size (looking to give some good jeans away that have become too big for me) and suddenly one friend goes: Yeah, you lost weight right, I thought you looked real tight! (Fun thing is, I didn't lose weight, only inches). Funny thing is, I felt awkward too, because I didn't want to insinuate some of them are heavier than me..

Same here really, even though the weight on the scales has only dropped 3 lbs in 8 weeks, I've lost a 2 inches off of my thighs and 1 off of my waist and a couple people have noticed, which I was quite surprised about.
  • time4me38
    time4me38 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have lost 47 pounds since February 15th of this year. People started noticing when I wore more fitted clothes. People I hadn't seen in awhile noticed first. My husband has been really supportive the whole time and has encouraged me. He saw a big difference when he saw me in really fitted workout pants for the first time. That was at 42 pounds. Still have about 45 pounds to go. Keep truckin' on...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    10 lbs, but I was starting at about 25lbs overweight.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    For me it as about 12 week into the journey. I had lost about 25 pounds at that time.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am down 22 pounds and today was the day that people finally noticed. I attended a memorial service for a friend and there were people there that I haven't seen in a while. I had several people come up to me and tell me how great I look. Honestly, I have been dreaming about this since I started MFP in Januaury. Yay!
  • Erephyre
    Erephyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think I've lost at least 25lbs (scale broke, so I'm not sure). The only people who have noticed are my fiance, my boss, and a few of my friends on FB. None of my customers have said squat, except that I need to get some sun, haha! Some look at me different though, so I guess that's a plus.
  • valerieuk1708
    valerieuk1708 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 18lbs in 2 months and only yesterday a gym manager saw me leaving the gym said "how much did you lose?" I didn't tell her I was losing weight so it was a surprise, I said "18lbs", she said "it shows! Well done!" Giving me thumbs up. Made my day! I still can't see much difference myself although clothes fit better.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Today my friend and I were in the middle of talking and she just said "You look really good by the way, like, have you lost weight?"
    I'm 13 pounds down.
  • Devarshee
    Devarshee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After 25 pounds...still have another 25 to go :)
  • keithahayes78
    keithahayes78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lorcart...most people don't say anything even if they do notice because they don't want you to take it the wrong way that. They feel that by saying you look great now or you look thinner you will think they thought you looked terrible and fat before. I've lost 45 lbs in 2 months and one pic on my wife's Facebook of me got a comment that I was looking thin. And I don't think it was even meant as a compliment. Those I work with every day didn't even notice at all and when I told them I'd lost weight (at the time it was about 30 lbs which was REALLY noticeable to me) they said "really?". Do it for hoe you feel rather than for how others think you look and you will find it more rewarding.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!