My husband hums when he is mixing stuff in the kitchen.

Options

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to sing at the top of his lungs when he's watching music videos on his laptop. He's wearing earbuds so you can't actually hear the song, just his enthusiastic rendition of it.

Problem is he can't carry a tune in a bucket, poor man. But what he lacks in talent, he makes up for in sheer gusto. My daughter and I usually roll our eyes at each other, but we know it makes him happy, so we keep our thoughts to ourselves.

I did draw the line one day when he chose to wail out "Muskrat Love" at full volume, though. Quite possibly the worst song ever written, lyric-wise. It was impressive that he actually knew every single horrific word to that old chestnut, but I did go over to him, pull out one of his earbuds and say, "Muskrat Love? Are you actually kidding me??"

For you youngins who have no idea what I'm talking about, listen and weep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnRChfwAI0k

B)

What on earth did I just listen to??
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    My husband likes to sing at the top of his lungs when he's watching music videos on his laptop. He's wearing earbuds so you can't actually hear the song, just his enthusiastic rendition of it.

Problem is he can't carry a tune in a bucket, poor man. But what he lacks in talent, he makes up for in sheer gusto. My daughter and I usually roll our eyes at each other, but we know it makes him happy, so we keep our thoughts to ourselves.

I did draw the line one day when he chose to wail out "Muskrat Love" at full volume, though. Quite possibly the worst song ever written, lyric-wise. It was impressive that he actually knew every single horrific word to that old chestnut, but I did go over to him, pull out one of his earbuds and say, "Muskrat Love? Are you actually kidding me??"

B)

The greatest song ever!!!!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

B)

It's so bad it's good!
  • JaneSnowe
    Options

B)

It's so bad it's good!

IT'S STILL IN MY HEAD!! get it out get it out get it out
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

B)

It's so bad it's good!

IT'S STILL IN MY HEAD!! get it out get it out get it out

4ygfyfrn2q5g.png
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What's the recipe?
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    What's the recipe?

Sour mash?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is just sad.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I see that no one has asked the obvious.

What's the obvious?

Well, my obvious questions was why is this in the recipe forum :). But I'm loving the videos and posts.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

This was a staple of my dad's when I was little. I'd forgotten about it. Not that I needed to remember it... But thanks for the laugh.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    csuhar wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    Your husband is the Swedish Chef?

JicXl25.gif

I can neither conform nor deny that bouts melodic gibberish, capped off with "Bork, bork, bork!" have been detected coming from my kitchen...

<3
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I see that no one has asked the obvious.

What's the obvious?

Well, my obvious questions was why is this in the recipe forum :). But I'm loving the videos and posts.

Oh. I thought it would be something salacious! :smiley:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    This is just sad.

Agree, I can't believe this is that big of a deal. My husband does this sometimes, it's just something he does. I certainly don't complain while he's helping me, that's for sure. Geez, let the man be.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    The stereotypical cook/chef always hums/sings while they cook. Like practically every cook, nanny, granny and Aunt Bea in every movie or TV show will hum-hum-hum-hum-hummmmm while they cheerily go about the business of cooking/baking.

What concerns me is that you actually have a husband who cooks and instead of just appreciating that simple blessing, you want to sap the joy out of it for him just because you don't think his humor is funny.
    Best answer to figure out why it could be funny.
    Also thanks to the others, supportive. Hearing how their husbands are just as bad.
    I was having a bad mood day yesterday. Regretted asking this.