Always hungry. (Trying to bulk)

Options
I'm trying to gain 0.5 lbs a week. I eat about 2600 calories daily my TDEE is like 2400. I'm doing well however I always find myself hungry. I just ate 100g of protein and an hour later I'm hungry again.

Replies

• fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump it up to 3000 and balance your meals to include carbs, protein, and veggies
  • blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    fittestpal wrote: »
    bump it up to 3000 and balance your meals to include carbs, protein, and veggies

Alright, I'll try that out. Thanks for the info!
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What did you eat that contained 100g of protein?
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »

526g of extra lean ground turkey.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Eat a big plate of broccoli with your protein. You won't be hungry.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    blopmiyers wrote: »

And this is absolutely without a doubt 100% real hunger? You are not eating enough..
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

And this is absolutely without a doubt 100% real hunger? You are not eating enough..

That was just my lunch. About 900 calories
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    How much are you gaining on average per week?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Well I get that what you ate was 900 calories, but I am asking is it possible you are not getting enough in general?

Again, it this identified at 100% true hunger? If it is, you are not enough calories during the day..

Some people can identify hunger, appetite and thirst.. I am trying to identify that you are truly 100% hungry as this to me equates to not eating enough calories to sustain.

• blopmiyers
    Options

Well I get that what you ate was 900 calories, but I am asking is it possible you are not getting enough in general?

Again, it this identified at 100% true hunger? If it is, you are not enough calories during the day..

Some people can identify hunger, appetite and thirst.. I am trying to identify that you are truly 100% hungry as this to me equates to not eating enough calories to sustain.

I suppose you're right. I'll try eating more. I'll ignore calories for now and eat whenever my body wants me to.
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    How much are you gaining on average per week?

I've literally just started bulking. The difference between my weight in was about 3lbs more. But thats probably water weight.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    What else did you have with the turkey? Everyone has a slightly different macro mix that makes them feel satiated. Lots of people are satiated by proteins and fats, but if I don't have some kind of carb as well, I'll be starving 15 minutes after a meal no matter how much protein and fat I just ate. Start paying attention to when you feel hungry (and what you ate beforehand) to see if you can identify a pattern.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Add in a bunch of veggies or egg whites or some dairy (like greek yogurt). You just need more volume foods essentially.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I agree with the recommendations to add vegetables to that meal.