lose weight in 3 months

Options
Hi ,I am 165 pounds ahd 5 feet 4 inches ....my goal is to reach 130 by sep 15th.I am going to start my diet and exercise from tomm.

Wish me luck.

Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    35 pounds in 3 months would mean you'd need to lose about 2.7 pounds per week. That's above the maximum healthy rate of loss, which is only recommended for those with 75+ pounds to lose. Realistically you should only be aiming for half of that, maybe 20 pounds maximum, in that time frame.
  • tlmgalloway
    tlmgalloway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope you're successful! I'm trying to get to a similar goal by September as well. I'm 5'4 and weigh 169, my goal is 135 by September 15th.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    losing weight too quickly when you dont have a lot to lose results in loss of lean muscle mass.its not safe to lose more than 1/2- 1 lb of weight per week with less than 50 lbs to lose.
  • amrithareddy1977
    amrithareddy1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks will try to lose atleast 2 pounds per week
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    That's pretty ambitious. It may be possible but don't get down on yourself if it takes longer.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks will try to lose atleast 2 pounds per week

That's the opposite of what we're suggesting. You didn't put 30 pounds on in three months, so it won't come off in that time frame. Slower (a pound a week) is much better for your body in terms of retaining muscle mass, having healthy hair/skin/nails, keeping your menstrual cycle regular, eating enough nutrients, and fueling your body in general.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    35 pounds in 3 months would mean you'd need to lose about 2.7 pounds per week. That's above the maximum healthy rate of loss, which is only recommended for those with 75+ pounds to lose. Realistically you should only be aiming for half of that, maybe 20 pounds maximum, in that time frame.

Eh..I did it. Lost 54 from Feb 22 to May 22. My doctors monitored my progress.

But at her current weight, that would be, well, very difficult Reddy...I would also see your doctor (I started out a lot heavier than you)
  • Dragonsurfergirl
    Dragonsurfergirl Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi, after losing 10 kgs and keeping it off for 2 years I have slowly resumed my old habits (drinks and snacks with friends) and regained 7 kgs even though I exercise daily (running), row boats about twice per week, go to the gym and do a hard workout at least once per week. I have managed to lose a couple of kgs when I put my mind to it and as soon as I resume having a few drinks with friends I pack the kgs back on. I realise it's from years of yoyo dieting and have studied its effects.

Anyhow, I know how I lost weight before, by cutting out ALL empty carbs. I did not count calories I just ate what I wanted until I was comfortably satisfied and limiting my carb intake to 20gms and making sure I included a range of low carb vegetables, eggs, and lean meats (chicken, beef, lamb, pork, seafood). I was NEVER hungry on this diet and the weight just fell off. At the time my health check at the doctors showed an extremely low cholesterol result and all else was way better than someone for my age. My doctor told me that whatever I was doing to keep doing it! I am now using fitness pal to monitor the carbs and exercise not the calories and of course my weight loss. Once I have lost about 6 kgs I intend to switch to a more mediterranean diet with predominantly vegetables with a small amount of protein. Anyhow, that's the plan and I believe that by writing it up will keep me motivated to stay on track. I have a big family do this weekend so here goes.

[edited by mod]
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi, after losing 10 kgs and keeping it off for 2 years I have slowly resumed my old habits (drinks and snacks with friends) and regained 7 kgs even though I exercise daily (running), row boats about twice per week, go to the gym and do a hard workout at least once per week. I have managed to lose a couple of kgs when I put my mind to it and as soon as I resume having a few drinks with friends I pack the kgs back on. I realise it's from years of yoyo dieting and have studied its effects.

Anyhow, I know how I lost weight before, by cutting out ALL empty carbs. I did not count calories I just ate what I wanted until I was comfortably satisfied and limiting my carb intake to 20gms and making sure I included a range of low carb vegetables, eggs, and lean meats (chicken, beef, lamb, pork, seafood). I was NEVER hungry on this diet and the weight just fell off. At the time my health check at the doctors showed an extremely low cholesterol result and all else was way better than someone for my age. My doctor told me that whatever I was doing to keep doing it! I am now using fitness pal to monitor the carbs and exercise not the calories and of course my weight loss. Once I have lost about 6 kgs I intend to switch to a more mediterranean diet with predominantly vegetables with a small amount of protein. Anyhow, that's the plan and I believe that by writing it up will keep me motivated to stay on track. I have a big family do this weekend so here goes.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.