MusclePharm Combat Crunch bars

Options
Has anyone tried these yet? The nutritional info looks similar to a Quest bar for calories and protein, with a little less fiber.

I think it's a brand new, hot off the press product so I doubt too many folks have tried them. The user reviews I found raved on bb.com, but you never know if those are fixed or not.

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMPin the NECRO THREAD.

The thread that never was!

I tried one of these just now, as 7-11 has singles of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor. Fantastic! 210 calories, 20g protein.

Better than Quest?! Discuss!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    These things have been out for a very long time, but yes they're delicious and more satiating than quest IMO
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I have one sitting in my pantry but I haven't tried it yet!

My gym was doing a 10 for $20 on all bars so I decided to try a bunch of new ones.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I tried a bunch a while ago but none of them really struck my fancy. I stuck with Quest after that. I'm Canadian and in my area they're the same price so I definitely have no incentive to switch.

I don't really eat protein bars for the taste, though, just the convenience and macros. I'd eat another CC bar if you put it in front of me but I really didn't enjoy the cheap-tasting coating.
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just switched to the musclepharm combat crunch from quest. I like them much more.... they are a little more expensive but I agree more satiating and similar macro profile.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I switched to them after Quest had changed their formula. I love them.

Quest has since changed their formula again, but it's too late. I'm sticking with the Musclepharm. The only one I'm not a big fan of is the white chocolate raspberry one.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like them. They are okay. Not amazing. I am not a fan of the dense chewy inner part. They are way better than current formula quest though.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    I switched to them after Quest had changed their formula. I love them.

Quest has since changed their formula again, but it's too late. I'm sticking with the Musclepharm. The only one I'm not a big fan of is the white chocolate raspberry one.

Pretty much all of this!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    +1 on those oh yeah one bars though :love:
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Whoa, I was just checking my old threads and was surprised to see this necroed after almost 2 years, so I'll give it a 1 month necro.

To follow up on my original post, I've made the switch. I just much prefer CC over Quest. It seems to simulate a candy bar better, rather than the flavored goo that Quest tends to taste like.

Combat Crunch more expensive but I've found that I can buy them online for some very good prices on bb.com or muscleandstrength.com. Not a shill for either site, I swear, that's just where I've periodically found some good sales so I load up when the opportunity arises. Still, even though I do prefer CC, I still can't justify the retail price differential (seems to be about $32 for a box of 12 vs $24 for the same size box of Quest). Fortunately it seems sales are frequent enough that I can replenish my stock before needing to buy at retail.

One thing to note - bb.com has sole rights to the chocolate brownie flavor, which I think is the best one.
  • ktx7villa
    ktx7villa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch bars to me just have a larger volume and look more delicious and taste like it too. I prefer it much more over a quest anyday
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    EDollah wrote: »
    One thing to note - bb.com has sole rights to the chocolate brownie flavor, which I think is the best one.

I dunno about particular flavors, but Amazon has some CC bars for $25/box. Good deal if you've got Prime.

Also would like to suggest the Cinnamon Twist flavor. Holy cow! Good stuff.