High Protein low calorie breakfast on the go

Options
2»

Replies

• ksal23
    ksal23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm forever searching for that perfect savory/healthy/quick/protein rich breakfast! When I'm not in the mood to stock up on mini frittatas, my go to is some mushed avocado on toasted whole grain bread with a bit of sriracha...I may never get tired of this! And I keep unsalted cashews around for when I don't even have time to wait for toast.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I like protein powder pancakes, and I like them plain, with butter, or with almond butter.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    I recently stumbled upon this while browsing the forums: FlapJacked Mighty Muffin Double Chocolate
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've been eating those kirkland protein bars for breakfast, 8g net carbs, 21g protein, 7g fat, 190cal. Shelf stable so I can keep them in my work bag and don't have to worry about grabbing them in my semi-coherent post-wakeup state in the morning.

Other options could be keeping some sous vide chicken breast in the fridge to grab and go, can't really get a better protein content than that. Salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and a very light sprinkle of celery seed (fresh ground) and white sugar, and you've got rotisserie-seasoned chicken breasts. 150F for 2hrs is pretty much perfect for chicken that you can eat cold. 120g gets you 42g protein, 5g fat, and 198cal
  • joelartygreenwood
    joelartygreenwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A cup of egg whites. 1 large egg. A bit of butter on a non-stick frying pan. Stir almost constantly until egg whites are all dry.

It's a lot of food, only 225 calories, and takes < 10 minutes to cook/eat.

I also add a bowl of cereal (Special K), milk and protein powder (another 325 calories) but I like to eat breakfast, and other meals are smaller.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Those single serve pouches of tuna and spam taste good alone and with toast. Dinner leftovers and meal prepped food from the weekend also work well.