115 days and only 18 pounds

Options
I'm not giving up but it's slow going this time. Between PCOS and diabetes, and having ruined my metabolism crash dieting countless times in my life. But I'm not giving up. Never give up.

Replies

• LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You've lost about 1 pound a week. That's a healthy weight loss pace. It sounds like your metabolism is working just fine. You may need to adjust your expectations if you are still thinking as though you are crash dieting.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Agreed, 18 pounds in 16 weeks sounds reasonable to me.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    A pound per week? That's awesome progress! Congratulations, it sounds like what you're doing is working.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    yeah, no a lb a week is fantastic!! Keep it up! Instead of a crash diet, you sound like you are making small steady improvements to eat and be healthier!!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17lbs in 119 days and I consider this a great loss rate and I'm very proud. I don't have diabetes or PCOS.
    This is not slow at all. You should feel proud and happy too :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Losing any faster and you body will probably cannibalize muscle tissue.
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well that's at 1000 calories per day and 12 hours of strength training and cardio a week. And MFP set my calories way higher then my actual burn. Had to get hoopla of tests etc
  • catsdogsh
    Options
    I just upped to 1600 we shall see what happens.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Upping your calories will not speed up weight loss. Eating more is never ever solution to speed up weight loss. What's the hurry? You ARE losing weight at a good steady pace. However since you say you eat 1000 kcal I will assume you are guessing portion sizes and not using food scale. Tighten up your logging and figure out how much you are actually eating.
  • amdcp61
    amdcp61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eating more is never ever solution to speed up weight loss.

Actually, it is. Consuming only 1000 calories per day over an extended period, plus all the exercise getting logged, can make resting metabolism slow down because her body thinks it's starving. Every available calorie will be efficiently stored - as fat. Additionally, it will start burning all that nice lean muscle she's working so hard to build. Feeding the body enough to keep it going will preserve the lean muscle and up the burn rate.

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    amdcp61 wrote: »
    Eating more is never ever solution to speed up weight loss.

Actually, it is. Consuming only 1000 calories per day over an extended period, plus all the exercise getting logged, can make resting metabolism slow down because her body thinks it's starving. Every available calorie will be efficiently stored - as fat. Additionally, it will start burning all that nice lean muscle she's working so hard to build. Feeding the body enough to keep it going will preserve the lean muscle and up the burn rate.

No, it isn't.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode
  • catsdogsh
    Options
    No such thing as starvation mode. And yes everything weigh and measured. People have to stop thinking metobolic disorder doesn't exist. It's real folks
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode, as some see it (as in, if your calories are too low your body will hold onto its fat stores) is a myth. If it wasn't a myth, no one would be able to waste away or starve to death.

Only measure out liquids. Weigh everything that is a solid or semi solid. Weigh pre packaged food, too as they can be off.

But, your weight loss rate is great! Keep it up!