Nauseated while working out recently...?

Options
Hey there! Quick Question!

I've been extremely nauseated by the end of my workouts recently, so much so where I sometime have to take a long break before finishing...

I can't even do yoga right now without wanting to vomit..

Maybe I'm not waiting enough time between eating and working out? Maybe my sports bra straps are too tight? Maybe I'm drinking too much water? I really have no idea, but I just want to eliminate the source

And before anyone asks, No, I'm not pregnant. I already took a test. lol

What gives?

Replies

• manda0314
    manda0314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In would see your doctor and rule out any problem with your heart
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I never eat before my workout for this reason. Even something small will nauseate me. Once I started working out first thing in the morning, I haven't had any issues. Try laying off of food for a few hours before and see if it helps.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    What are you eating pre-workout - how much and how long before?
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I get that way too, mostly when I'm lifting weights and/or bending over and back up. I have always been anemic and found it is NOT from Iron Deficiency. I DO NOT have any heart trouble but my Dr did advise to get off my blood pressure meds. My blood pressure may have been dropping too much. I also need to make sure to drink lots of water. I also try to eat some toast and almond butter before working out! Hope you find it out soon because I know the feeling is not good! Oh, and my blood pressure meds I've been on for 2 years when I was going through radiation after cancer treatment/surgery.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    In general, the heat and humidity can do that to you, sometimes even if you are working out inside. Make sure you are plenty hydrated and you may even want to try to add an electrolyte supplement like Nuun or gatrorade powder to your water.
  • katiely95
    katiely95 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am anemic as well... Maybe that's why!

I just had a bowl of Vanilla Almond cereal with fresh strawberries and almond milk approximately one hour before starting anything.

I am currently working out inside. Hmmm.

Perhaps I should go to the doctor. I was just wondering if there was a quick fix.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    katiely95 wrote: »
    I am anemic as well... Maybe that's why!

I just had a bowl of Vanilla Almond cereal with fresh strawberries and almond milk approximately one hour before starting anything.

I am currently working out inside. Hmmm.

Perhaps I should go to the doctor. I was just wondering if there was a quick fix.

This is why I exercise fasted, I find that I perform better and will not get that nauseated feeling.

It would be probably be a good idea to check with your doctor though, considering your anemic.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    i would consider either working out fasted or eating with a longer gap before the workout... fwiw, if I personally eat anything before I workout, I will donate it at the porcelain gods altar before the workout is over.
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know i cant eat anything for like two hours before i workout or i get nauseous