Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how to log these

What would i log thesea exercises as, wall sits, planks, and squats just using your body weight? Would they be considered strength or cardio? I dont see them listed in either.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Caloric wise, strength training is going to give you a lot of calorie burn. I do log strength training under the cardio tab though. I do quick 20 minute routines and I think it is only around 100 calories.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Do you have any heart rate data? If you do you can just enter your time and estimated cal burn by creating your own entry.

I enter bodyweight exercises like squats/lunges as strength.
  • Timshel_
    Actually, it is only 88 for 20 mins.

824uobtfctpo.png
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2016
    And what data is that entry based on? Randomly picking stuff is not a good idea.
  • Timshel_
    WA_mama2 wrote: »
    And what is that entry based on what data? Randomly picking stuff is not a good idea.

It's not random. Database figures are based on average caloric burns.

You cannot use HR data for lifting because it will be way off. Here is a good MFP post with lots of detail.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/hrms-cannot-count-calories-during-strength-training-17698
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    you need to log it as circuit training.
  • 2015fitnessmode
    2015fitnessmode Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks everyone