New and Scared

Options
hey,
I'm Sarah a 25 year old nurse from Sydney, Australia! I've downloaded the app because I'm in desperate need to lose some weight.

I'm so scared of the journey as my weight loss has always yoyo'ed and I can't ever remember being less than 80kg/176lbs. I weighed in yesterday at 98kg/216lbs. I just need to get healthy. For my family, for my boyfriend, for my patients, and for myself.

I'm excited to meet some great people and hopefully get some wonderful understanding support.

Love from Sydney,
Sarah

Replies

• danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want, will help encourage you
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared, take it one day at a time and know there are many here ready to offer support and help. Best of success to you! You CAN do it!
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tried adding you but don't know if it worked
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm on a journey myself and still learning. I love making new friends.
  • sarahtportwine
    sarahtportwine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I think I just sent you a friend request. I think! Haha
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    We can help you along the way. I've been MUCH heavier than you and totally relate to being scared. It probably seems impossible but it is NOT impossible!! I'm adding you.
  • NacoleO
    NacoleO Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't scared, you're not alone. I'll add you and help you. Anyone else looking for more friends feel free to add me. ☺
  • ayrivera889
    ayrivera889 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll add you!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared! Just ease yourself into it. You don't have to be a week in and already in a huge calorie deficit and running marathons, go at your own pace. Don't try to take it too fast because that's usually not conducive to sustainability and long-term results. Don't be too aggressive in your goals, especially at the beginning.
    I would suggest making sustainable changes to your lifestyle that will ensure your long-term success. For example: buy a digital food scale (they're pretty cheap) and begin weighing the food that you eat to ensure you're only eating one serving. I also suggest eating all the things you love in moderation, not cutting out anything if you don't want to.
    My final suggestion is just to log what you eat for 1-2 weeks without changing anything to see how much you're going over your calorie goal. No judgment, just see what you are eating vs what you should be eating to lose weight.

Hope this helps!
  • ekd23
    ekd23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I will send you a friend request. Anyone else feel free to add me also.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me, I love new friends :)<3 XOXOXO
  • ErinR82
    ErinR82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want! Don't be scared.... one day at a time. You got this! :)
  • melbra3951
    melbra3951 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am heavier than I was when I gave berth to my daughter. I am so mad at myself :'(
  • garnetsgirl
    garnetsgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. More support the better.
  • swilliams5303
    swilliams5303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me in
  • TooLittleLaw89
    TooLittleLaw89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me! We are kinda in the same boat
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    hey,
    I'm Sarah a 25 year old nurse from Sydney, Australia! I've downloaded the app because I'm in desperate need to lose some weight.

I'm so scared of the journey as my weight loss has always yoyo'ed and I can't ever remember being less than 80kg/176lbs. I weighed in yesterday at 98kg/216lbs. I just need to get healthy. For my family, for my boyfriend, for my patients, and for myself.

I'm excited to meet some great people and hopefully get some wonderful understanding support.

Love from Sydney,
    Sarah

Join my weekly weigh in group we will support you all the way.
  • 2metraninja
    2metraninja Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

This is a journey, and a long one. Load yourself with patience and determination and start doing it step after step. Prepare to change your life. It aint easy, but it is totally worth it. And it is doable.

Add me as a friend if you like so.
  • thebigmanau
    thebigmanau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice i am also really new and it is kinda scaring / daunting. Good luck - add me as a friend if you like .. i don't really know how it all works but yea.. whatever !

Good luck and god speed amigo