Longest plateau?

Options
Jd1360
Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
Out of curiosity, what is the longest plateau you've ever had? Hope this will encourage some people as well as myself! :glasses:

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    So far i have not had one. I have had times my weight loss slowed, but I just upped my calories and got going again.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    6 months now.. NOT HAPPY!
  • psucsi
    psucsi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    About two weeks. Results starting to swing my way again.
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been on one for about 2 months now, but I'm pretty sure it is my fault. I've gotten kinda lazy. :(
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a pound since the middle of March right now :(:(:( It's really starting to get to me.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh no to some of you! I feel like there's a difference in maintenance and plateaus. I was "maintaining" for 2 months because I wasn't trying to actively lose. So I don't count that exactly. :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for almost 1.5 years before I started gaining back 20 pounds. :frown:
  • SoBeFitNow
    SoBeFitNow Posts: 16
    Options
    Mine lasted for several months. I broke it with P90X.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    goin on 3 years. Maybe I should just be happy @ 145 and give up on tryin to reach 135...
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Probably about a month or two. It tends to happen when I lose focus even if I still think I'm doing everything the same. Just have to build the energy and motivation back each time.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Been 6 1/2 LONG months. Nothing I do, absolutely nothing, will get the scale to budge. So I just keep fighting and living the healthy lifestyle.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    6 months--did Spike--lost 6lbs in 6 weeks, trained for a 1/2 Mary, regained the 6lbs--now, not actively trying to lose.
    I guess I'm in denial!
    :drinker:
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    About 1.5 months. It blows big time, especially when you're doing all the right things and not eating anything that sounds REMOTELY good. But I will make it through...I won't give up. I have a size 12 in my closet I'm dying to wear!~
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    About 6 months.

I dropped my carbs from 150+ g to 70g back in November and I've lost 5 more lbs; that's what worked for me.

I love eating LCHF (low carb high fat).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    karylee44 wrote: »
    6 months now.. NOT HAPPY!

same here 6 months and I weigh everything. I finally started losing again when I dropped my carbs some and my calories,I know its all about calories in vs calories out but it helped me dropped the water weight I could not get rid of and lost a few lbs other than that. its slacked off again.I cant stay low carb long for some reason no matter how hard I try.
  • CCFfitnessjourney
    CCFfitnessjourney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have had insanely long plateaus... try eating an extremely clean diet. No gluten, no carbs except for GREEN veggies (no beans or lentils!), no sugars (watch out for fruits like red apples, pineapples, and grapes. You're best bet is eating berries), and absolutely nothing processed. Read the labels on your food: no high fructose corn syrup, and if you can't pronounce it or you don't know what it is, don't eat it! Eat a lot of lean meats and fish, and stay away from red meat like beef.

Drink only water and teas with nothing added (except for lemon), and stay away from any form of salt. The sodium will just suck up the water and make you bloated.

As far as exercise goes, try doing a quick 10-15 minute work out as soon as you wake up, and before you eat anything! It'll boost your metabolism for the day. My suggestion: 30 sit-ups, 20 squats, 10 pushups, and 5 burpees, x3. If that's not an option, go run. Not hard, and not for distance, but just for 10 minutes. Then once the 10 minutes are up, turn around and walk back home. It's quick, easy, and it'll boost your metabolism! Eating 1 grapefruit every day, drinking lemon water, and adding cinnamon to anything you can will also boost your metabolism.

GOOD LUCK!
  • CCFfitnessjourney
    Options

Wow. Just wow. Don't follow this. It's a bunch of woo straight out of women's magazines and dr oz. If you are at a plateau for months you are eating at maintenance and have to lower your calories a bit to start losing again.

I didn't get it from a magazine. I've used this multiple times in my life when I've plateaued. I've worked with nutirtionists on it, and personal trainers. It's worked for me, so I thought it might work for others as well. It's usually not as simple as lowering your calories, especially if it's been a really long plateau. It takes work and focus.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have had insanely long plateaus... try eating an extremely clean diet. No gluten, no carbs except for GREEN veggies (no beans or lentils!), no sugars (watch out for fruits like red apples, pineapples, and grapes. You're best bet is eating berries), and absolutely nothing processed. Read the labels on your food: no high fructose corn syrup, and if you can't pronounce it or you don't know what it is, don't eat it! Eat a lot of lean meats and fish, and stay away from red meat like beef.

Drink only water and teas with nothing added (except for lemon), and stay away from any form of salt. The sodium will just suck up the water and make you bloated.

As far as exercise goes, try doing a quick 10-15 minute work out as soon as you wake up, and before you eat anything! It'll boost your metabolism for the day. My suggestion: 30 sit-ups, 20 squats, 10 pushups, and 5 burpees, x3. If that's not an option, go run. Not hard, and not for distance, but just for 10 minutes. Then once the 10 minutes are up, turn around and walk back home. It's quick, easy, and it'll boost your metabolism! Eating 1 grapefruit every day, drinking lemon water, and adding cinnamon to anything you can will also boost your metabolism.

GOOD LUCK!

Wow. Just wow. Don't follow this. It's a bunch of woo straight out of women's magazines and dr oz. If you are at a plateau for months you are eating at maintenance and have to lower your calories a bit to start losing again.

I've been wondering about this! I've been reading everywhere that if you're ever at a plateau dropping your carb intake significantly helps you get out of it. So it's not true? I understand calorie deficits but I don't get macro control to be honest. I understand the importance of nutrients but I just don't get macro control... Could you explain?

Sorry, I genuinely don't mean to derail this thread.
  • CCFfitnessjourney
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »

I've been wondering about this! I've been reading everywhere that if you're ever at a plateau dropping your carb intake significantly helps you get out of it. So it's not true? I understand calorie deficits but I don't get macro control to be honest. I understand the importance of nutrients but I just don't get macro control... Could you explain?

Sorry, I genuinely don't mean to derail this thread.

Your macros are typically your carbs, protein, and fats. According to a bunch of health companies and official people you're not supposed to eat over a specific amount of carbs, fats, and proteins. I think the numbers are 45% carbs, 30% proteins, and 25% fats.
    "Bad" carbs, like white flour, are the biggest contributors to weight gain aside from processed foods that have added sugars and high sodium levels.