advice please

Options
Hey everyone! I am Jessica, a mother of 3 girls and yes i am only 21..But as im sure you know i am struggling with my weight.. I am 5'4 and weigh 155..I just got the pilates power gym, and i try to walk with lesli sansome every day..The weekends are my enemy..How can I stay in the groove when the weekends are kicking my butt? Any advice would help!! Thanks..Jessica

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am Jessica, a mother of 3 girls and yes i am only 21..But as im sure you know i am struggling with my weight.. I am 5'4 and weigh 155..I just got the pilates power gym, and i try to walk with lesli sansome every day..The weekends are my enemy..How can I stay in the groove when the weekends are kicking my butt? Any advice would help!! Thanks..Jessica
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have the same problem, i just try to think about how good i was all week and do i really wont to ruin it. I like the Quote, "a moment on the lips forever on the hips". I also exercise more to give me a little more room. I hope this helps, at least you know your not alone a lot of us on here have this problem.

I started on hear after my second child was born, i am 5' 3" and i started out weighing 164.5 so i know how you feel.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i had that same problem for a looong time, the last few weeks i have forced myself to get out and exercise at least one of the days, and so far so good. maybe try writing it in your log on friday so you feel obligated to do it.

i wish you the best, 3 girls wow you have your hands full im sure.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    SHOPPING! Do lots of window shopping. Shopping is a girl's best friend. Pushing a stroller with a baby in it burns about 150 calories/hour. You can burn more by using your Snuggli or Bjorn. THAT burns about 195 calories/hour.
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Hi Jessica. I am not sure why your weekend is any different but you said you have 3 girls are they in school? Sometimes when we have our kids in school it gives us more time for ourselves and to do things. Sometimes when the weekend comes around we tend to have more responsibilities at home and with our family which makes a huge impact on what we can do to what we would like to do.

Anyway, my week goes from Monday to Saturday I get one day to take a break and that is Sunday which is the day we go to church service and our family outing. Yesterday we went to the park and I did not do my regular exercise rather played two hours of basket ball and another hour or so of soccer. I love sports. I use to work as a recreational leader and way a soccer coordinator so I try to teach and challenge my kids.

Perhaps if you can change your weekend routine it might help. like if your use to doing all your stuff on a Saturday well make your Saturday a Monday or things like where you are better able to concentrate on your self. :flowerforyou:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Thanks evryone! It is good to know i am not alone!:happy: I am noticing that im getting my energy back...I guess the only way to break the habit is to do it!:tongue: lol...Thanks again for the help:wink: