Protein smoothies

Is having a protein smoother every morning for breakfast bad. Will it not help me loose weight? I'm not a big breakfast eater and trying to figure out what else I can do.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    it isn't bad (or good). it is just a way to hit your protein. nothing magic in a smoothie that will make you lose weight though.
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    I am also not a big breakfast eater. With trying to be on time for work and get a kid moving in the morning, along with trying to be healthy, breakfast is the further-est from my mind. I usually have a protein shake or smoothie in the morning. I am a big coffee drinker so I like to combine my coffee into shakes if I can. There are a lot of protein smoothie or shake recipes on Pinterest. It fills me up for a few hours and if I get hungry before lunch, I have a piece of fruit or a Greek yogurt, or both depending. I have a bunch of recipes if you ever need help!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    If you don't want to eat any breakfast at all, you can do that. Eating breakfast (or not) is not a predictor of weight loss success.

If you do want to eat breakfast, smoothies are fine. Anything is fine, in fact. Just find what you like to eat and what fits into your calorie budget.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Caitu13 wrote: »
    I am a big coffee drinker so I like to combine my coffee into shakes if I can.

Yessss. Coffee and protein! It's ambrosia to me!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Caitu13 wrote: »
    I am a big coffee drinker so I like to combine my coffee into shakes if I can.

Yessss. Coffee and protein! It's ambrosia to me!

oh never thought about this...will have to google some recipes.

OP if you don't like breakfast don't eat it.

Protein doesn't help you lose weight a calorie deficit does. It is important to get enough protein to help aid in keeping muscle and repair and last but not least keeps you feeling fuller longer.

I personally use protein powder in my morning smoothie in the summer but that's it.

I typically get my protein in with food...