Is popcorn every night before bed bad for weightloss?

Options
It fits in my calories, but I read somewhere carbs before bed would be stored as fat. Popcorn fills me up and prevents me from snacking on chips or ice cream

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Go right ahead! It doesn't matter what time you eat it, your body is smart enough to know what to do with it. Enjoy it with no worries!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well I lost a few lbs eating ice cream every night (within my calorie allowance), so what you heard about carbs is wrong.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Some people purposely carb backload (eat the majority of their carbs at night) while dieting. If it works for you, go for it. I used to eat a LOT of popcorn late at night as well.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I've had a Lenny and larrys cookie after 12 for the past 3 days....and I'm Bueno! Lol :sunglasses:
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As long as you hit your target you should be good!!!! However when I wanna lose 5 -8lbs I don't consume carbs at night and I get leaner faster in a couple of weeks, but that's if its for a special occasion. I eat for health so I eat carbs whenever.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories not type of food or timing.
    Enjoy your popcorn!
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me to eat popcorn every night crew. My wife and I share a huge bowl after dinner. Very filling and takes a long time to eat. Just keep in within your calorie goals and you're set.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat popcorn too ! Love me some popcorn!

and when I am actually in bed, I eat some chocolate covered peanuts.. Its now one of those nightly habits I have and swear I cannot sleep until I eat the chocolate... maybe that is my new sleeping pill. LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    All the time. Love some night time popcorn!!!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can whatever you want, whenever you want, so long as it fits your calorie goals :smile:
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    It fits in my calories, but I read somewhere carbs before bed would be stored as fat. Popcorn fills me up and prevents me from snacking on chips or ice cream

It better not be, because I eat it everyday. But I still love to snack on chips and ice cream too. :#
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Popcorn can be tough on your digestive system. Just be careful...
  • barbj2258
    barbj2258 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE popcorn later in the evening after dinner! I use the 94% Fat Free (Act II Butter). It is yummy!!
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to look at my diary; You'll see that I eat popcorn every single night, without fail. I look forward to it all day. Tonight it was dinner.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't eat to much ,,,,Its Yummy
    Luv me some popcorn,,,,got me a whirly popper
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can eat whenever you want. The time of day won't matter if you are not going over your calorie needs.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat popcorn every night! I just prelog it and fit the rest of my day in. I've lost 21 pounds so far, so no problem there. Enjoy!

Plus, popcorn is a fantastic source of whole grain fiber.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been eating popcorn by the buckets, sometimes a half hour before I go to bed. I've lost 88lbs since Oct.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

The bolded is objectively false. IOW, you're fine.